Skip to main content

Water Wars Week 2

Here we go, Week Two! 

I haven't drowned yet, so that's always a good sign. My skin is becoming clearer and smoother (but that could partly be because I got one of these awesome beauties for Christmas and use it everyday! 

Week two has brought about a sense of "slacking" for lack there better term. Not in the case where I'm not drinking what I need to, but the sense of urgency to get it done is gone, and I have to remind myself again to keep drinking. I'm only 2 days into week two, so we'll see. Today seems to have been off to a good start. I've been doing classes at the gym every day this week and while I'm trying not to pee half way through them, I'm also not really drinking much afterwards. Mainly because I don't have my handy dandy water bottles right around eye level, so I have to go find a water bottle or something to put the agua in, which isn't always on my mind since Pretty Little Liars (I'm finally caught up!) was on, and then Snooki and Jwwow (She's about to have her baby!) was on last night, and tonight is Party Down South (drunken train wrecks-what's not to love!). So I have a full schedule of pointless reality television that is my absolute fave (and always has been!) to get through first! 

Note to self: drink as much water as these kids are drinking beer. I'll probably will then actually drown, but at least I'll be hydrated! 

On side note, we finally got all the fixins to assemble our wedding invitations! We are finally to the part of the timeline where the action is starting to take place. Although we don't have envelopes, can't forget those! I am tired of seeing wedding stuff on Pinterest, there is just too much for one's brain to handle! Make a decision and Go; I really don't need to see 10 pins of dresses that you are never actually going to pick. You'll see what I'm talking about when you're actually looking at dresses in real life ;) I'm also really excited to see my handsome fiance try on some suits and pick out what he wants to wear. Is this real life? I can't believe this is happening to me! Wait-yes I can. After almost 6 years together I think we deserve some wedding shenanigans to take place, right? 

On another side note, I am totally over this chilly willy weather. I love wearing the boots and my gosh-my new booties that my fiance encouraged me to expense (don't even let anyone convince you to go to Nordstrom Rack, because you will find expensive things you want and probably will buy), but dang I do not like cold weather on my face or my hands and that wind? No thanks. The house is freezing even though the heater is on, and I really need a big fleece jacket that covers my nose and ears at the same time. It's also been pretty dreary all week so I am gloriously happy to see the sun today! And to not be freezing when I walked to my car at lunch. Winning! 

And that is all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo