Skip to main content

Current Obsessions

--Has anyone heard of DJ Zedd? I'm sure you have once you hear some of his hits. He's 24 years old, a Grammy winner, and big in the EDM world. I hate to admit that I never paid attention to that type of music before, even though I do know all the words to Clarity and Stay the Night, and I hate even more to admit that the only reason I looked him up was because Selena Gomez has been spotted with him and I was like what in the world is Zedd (thank you gossip sites). But because I'm working out a lot and he's a little cutie, I am LOVING this type of music to now jam to and run with. Bangarang by Skrillex is another good one. Energizer bunny is what this does to me! 



--Booties! I freaking love this trend right now. I have a couple of wedge booties in tan and black and I also recently purchased some boot heeled booties in this golden tan color and some in brown with buckles. Thank you Nordstrom Rack. My credit card does not thank you, however. Skinny jeans and my booties are my JAM. (Also-side thank you to the great state of Texas for having glorious sunshiney filled days this past week.Followed by several days of rain and cold. That's Texas for you)





--Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. I've loved Ed Sheeran for a while now, but wow this song pretty much makes me cry it's so beautiful. We will probably use this song as our "last dance" song at our wedding. Eek!  


--Which leads too....Doodling! I really can't get enough. It's not secret that I've been on this doodle kick for a while now, just not sure how to further it just yet! 



--And it's not a currently obsession, since I could eat chips and salsa/guac all day every day, but we've been trying a new Mexican place, Casa Rita's now instead of On the Border (thank goodnessssss). Since we've moved, we have had multiple bad experiences at the new "local" On the Border, so we took our happy selves over to this place, where we were greeted and immediately served by friendly people instead of ignored for 10 minutes while we sat at a half empty bar with no acknowledgement. They also serve up a whole BOWL of guacamole, instead of a little ice cream scoop, and their margs are legit.
AND in cool glasses. SOLD!  


Happy Friday, Everyone! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo