Skip to main content

Happy 2015!

Cheers to the New Years! Hope it was lovely and celebratory and filled with lots of hopes and motivations for this upcoming 2015. I know this year is going to be the best one YET! We spent our New Years at a friends house, who had a great set up (including a DIY photo booth) and festive decorations! Plus a champagne-tasting contest, so we got to try a lot of different kinds of bubbly! 





The best is yet to come! And it's so true. Each chapter that we embark on as a human being brings a new day and a new goal and new "best" days. When I was in high school, it was all about graduation it being the "best day," then we got to my 21st birthday, then my college graduation, then one of many relationship's anniversary, then getting my first big girl job and then turning 25, then to being proposed to, and now my next "best day" will be April 11, 2015. And from there on it keeps on and on. Isn't that exciting? 

Each day I'm working on truly being the best version of myself. Whether it's making someone else's day better vs. my own, or going out of my way to be selfless or thoughtful in some form or another. I'm not perfect. Definitely not. And I do get in a mood, and unfortunately as a human (and a girl) we take it out on others when we don't really mean to. Or we get lazy, or we are tired, and the list goes on and on. Life truly is so short and can be taken away just like that, so here is my list of things to live up to this year:

1. Be a better friend. It's so easy to get wrapped up in our own individual lives with work and day to day things that we forget the people that have been there next to us for most of it. I have lost some good friendships over communication and losing touch, and I'm at a point where a few close friends means more than having lots of friends, so putting forth an extra effort to maintain contact is something I need to work on. I used to feel annoyed when I always had to be the person to first call or text someone, but now I feel like it just shows that I'm thinking of you, I want to talk to you, and I don't need to feel like I need to wait for someone else to initiate that. 

2. Get married. Duh. This is happening, obviously, but I also want to make sure that I remember the day how I want to remember it, and not be worrying about if it's not living up to anyone else's expectations or preferences. I'm already having anxiety on if everything is going to go together like I see in my head with the colors and everything, but it is what it is-things have already been picked and done, so I just need to trust myself that when I first picked these out, it was for a good reason.

3. Take better care of myself. In so many ways. Not only in the gym and through the kitchen (which will definitely be the harder of the two), but also in every aspect. I'm a 26 year old girl, woman, whatever, and I don't make the effort when I go out in public to represent that. I really love sweats and comfort-it's the athlete in me-but I also can make more of an effort to at least take care of my hair, moisturize my skin, and physically be the best version. This may seem like a silly, egotistical resolution, but when you look good, you feel good, and I wanna feel good! 

Short and sweet, but not too crazy, and definitely doable. I'm sure there are many more that I'll think of as the year progresses, in which I'm looking forward to experiencing and motivating myself to make a habit of. Today we are spending this icy rainy day inside, comfy in sweats, with the Winter Classic on and doing some chores around the house. Here we goooo 2015! Y'all get ready now. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo