Skip to main content

Shredding for the Wedding

Ahhh the pressure. I love it (siiike). Match that with a white wedding dress you have to look bomb.com in and waa-laaa you have my shredding for the wedding mind set right now. Not like I need to lose any weight or anything (except maybe the food babies that I've acquired over Thanksgiving and Christmas break), but I want to look like I knew what I was doing in the gym. It's been hard to transition from all of my workouts from a young age being time specific during soccer practice, and college had the whole weight/practice/game schedule to abide by, but once you're done, you kind of have to start all over with how you work out, when you work out, and what you work out (allll by myysellllffff). No coaches or teammates to do it with you. hashtag athlete for life though! 

Since college, I've experimented with a bunch of different pinterest-spired workouts, and for a while I was avid on Body Rock, which focuses on High Intensity Interval Training that you could do at home in your living room with minimal equipment. It's high intensity for 30-50 seconds of work, with only 10 seconds of rest for about 12-15 minutes worth, and trust me-it gets your heart pumping and sweat dripping. After a while I lost motivation because it was in my own home, and I wasn't going any where and getting out of the house so I got bored, but I do recommend it to those who don't have access to a gym or don't have enough time to leave the house and can bust out a few of these work outs a week. They also have beginner modifications, so it's not like you have to be in great shape to start. 

Flash forward to January 2015, where I couldn't just take November and December "off" like I did last year to enjoy myself in the yummy goodiness of Turkey Day and Memaw's home cooking at Christmas. I think I'm finally focused enough to where I can actually look how I want to look for not just my wedding, but the honeymoon and the summertime afterwards. We got new memberships to Texas Family Fitness (really, they aren't new since we've been going since September), but I recently started going to the classes and they are a good mix of everything! Weight Lifting-check. Piyo-check. Insanity-check. 

Eating healthy-kiiiinda check? I'm trying to start implementing my after workout smoothies again with spinachy green yummy goodness, but most of the other times I just can't help myself when it comes to things sweet. Obvi-I'm a candy addict. And I DID turn down donuts last week (only to be replaced with a couple of bundtinis), but it's the small battles, right?  But hoping this drinking-a-gallon-of-water-a-day things takes care of my boredom eating and that way I can keep up with one of my new years resolutions to look good // feel good!  Annnnnd I did NOT partake in Taco Tuesday yesterday, but I did go and get some for my babyloves. I was so proud of myself! 



Smoothie for the win! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo