Skip to main content

Wedding anxiety, already?

Please excuse my rant. I'm having a slight anxiety attack over this wedding due to the fact that it's already 2015 AND that we officially are t-minus 100 days until blast off. T-MINUS 95 DAYS to be exact. Maybe that's part of the reason I didn't sleep well last night (but that was probably due to fear of missing my alarm for work), but really-isn't it too early to be worrying about this yet?! I spent the better half of Sunday looking for the right flower girl dresses to use, and I still feel like I haven't done anyTHING  productive. 

But hey! Flower girl dresses are a go, now just on to the next set of dresses. Bridesmaid dresses should be ready to ship soon. Oh and did I mention that my dress is completely finished (minus steaming for the day of), and I've got shoes (that still need to be broken in), most of the jewelry, and my veil? So I guess things are still getting done from my side. Most of the things really won't happen until right then and there, so just have to remember that. Now if I could just work on that tan I need....yikes. I just can't believe we are already almost a week into January. Now the fun things get to happen. Bridal showers, and tanning, and teeth whitening-oh my! I'm also trying to work on drinking more water. I scored another water bottle type thing at a gift exchange at work, so just means I don't need to refill twice as often. Here goes! 


Half way done through the morning. Trying to drink 2 of each for the day.

2015 is turning into the "year of the weddings" based on how many weddings that I know just in my small bubble that are happening this year. That means that 2014 was the year of "love." And it's great! Whenever someone new gets engaged, I always want to know all the details-were you surprised, how did he do it, how did you guys meet, etc. Which is partly why we made our wedding website. I'm answering the questions that don't get to get answered over social media. I guess this gets more common the more I'm growing up and as much as I say that I don't "feel" like I'm old enough to be doing this or see my friends go through this-NEWS FLASH-I am! And it's happening! And no, I don't mean that I'm not ready for marriage, because I totally am; I just can't believe that my life is happening before my eyes, and I want to cherish every single day/year/month (okay okay, the New Year has me a little nostalgic). I want nothing more to start a new life officially with my totally awesome fiance (who paints the baseboards and crown molding all weekend for fun!). Bring on the name changes and joint finances and adult decisions. Yea buddy! 


Isn't he the greatest? If anyone ever comes over, all credit is due to this guy right here for the painting face lift that he's been working on. See that yucky yellow on the left? 


I feel like Pinterest creates a false sense of how a wedding should be planned. Some of the time lines that are circulating should only really be used as guidelines (which I do reference time to time on things I really have no clue about). It took Robert months of looking through ring magazines and creating mine, but when it comes to the his ring-noooo clue how much time to give. When I first started planning, I always thought "dang, I'm getting this done early, I don't think I'm supposed to do this type of stuff yet, now I have nothing to do but wait" or I would hear from others about "why am I doing this so early?" and things like that. But really-it's just one less thing that I have to worry about coming down the home stretch. I gave myself a monthly timeline to go by, to use as a goal to have something complete. And so far it's keeping everything on track I think. This month we will be focusing on getting the groomsmen attire situated, and also getting out Bridal Shower invitations, as well as having the actual invitations at least made and ready to assemble by the end of the month. I'm no wedding planning expert-I'll leave that for the pros, but as much anxiety that I had from it being 2015, I feel confident that I'm doing just fine after I skim back through over the things that ARE done. 

Bring it on, 2015! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo