Skip to main content

Case of the Mondays

Another weekend, come and gone, and now we are onto the last week of January. Sometimes it messes with my mind, because things/days/weeks go by so fast, but also at the same time go so slow because of all of the things we crammed into 2 small days!

A few of my favorite things from the weekend:


[[Some live music from Casey Donahew Band at the House of Blues on Saturday night. Those who know me know I'm not the biiiiiigest fan of Casey, just because his voice is so whiny on the tracks, but I can deal with him live (actually any type of music live is my jam), and I had a great time-minus the what seemed like an hour long wait in the cold for the valet to get Burt!]] 


[[But he even posed for me! I looked around and I was the only one with my phone up and he stood there so I could take it. It's almost like a shout out. Thanks Case!]]


[[Of course it wouldn't be complete without a kissy face selfie! There was a group of about 10 young young girls in front of us at one point over on the side and one girl kept taking selfies of just herself (so duh, we photobombed as much as we could). I also got in in "trouble" by one of the stage guards from standing on a step that was used to get over the gate in front. Ooops. #rebel #mybad]]

Sunday felt like it went on forever! Cleaned and cleaned and swept and polished and painted and grocery shopped and cooked and even fit in a bike ride because the weather was nice. Twas a weeee bit chilly for me on the way back (we rode our bikes to the gym, where I just took it easy), but it was still nice to be outside for once. Our house is facing a weird direction so we don't get as much sunlight coming in as I would like, but out in the garage works just fine, and I can't wait for it to actually be warm enough to sit outside on our new patio furniture (that has yet to be used) from September. 


And now onto probably my favorite picture from this weekend: 


#Iphone6PlusProblems

Poor thing couldn't fit into the little case that Robert had put on our bikes to hold phones/keys while we ride. Iphone 6 Pluses (<- does that word not look weird to anyone else? I had to Google on how to spell the word Plus as a plural because it looks weirder and weirder to me as I look at it) were not meant to ride bikes, apparently! My Iphone 5, however, works juuuuust fine and can bike ride all day long. 

Happy Last Week of January 2015 to All! 

PS. I wore one of my new pairs of booties to work today, so Monday you did alright! Makes me feel kinda sassy to walk in and I like that!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo