Skip to main content

Merry Mississippi Christmas!

Texas->Arkansas->Tennessee->Mississippi! 

As tedious as it is to drive (we are crazy), it's always so much fun when the whole family gets together and we get to see everyone on both sides. It's harder and harder as adults (ewwww adults? Who has time for that?!) to fit in work schedules and such to get everyone together, but we do what we can! From green bean casserole (my fave!) to homemade fudge (also my fave!) to strawberry pretzel pie (is that what it is called? Also my super fave!), the list goes on an on. Memaw does not disappoint, and I can only hope that I represent her cooking gene that was passed down to me (we think so at least), with flying colors. Her food is unbelievable. Go Meems! Also making an appearance was the traditional B-I-N-G-O games, and then countless hours of Mexican Train, which I am happy to brag that I am, ahem, the standing 3 time champion. We also were gifted with such an amazing invention I mean selfie stick, which will be thoroughly enjoyed! 


We were sadly missing one member of our cousin squad, Sarah. Come back to meeeee!







So warm that we could play outside on the patio!

We then packed up and headed North to see the other side, and my view was constant and rainy the whole time. I pretty much only really need to pack maybe 3-4 pairs of sweatpants for any future trips, because that's all I lived in the entire time and it was delightful! 




And when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Blockbuster! Rare times, these days! I'm documenting history, I'm thinking!  




Eating a hotdog is such a hard life ;)

Overall, I didn't take as many pics but also it was more the conversation and the ridiculous amounts of football that I've been watching the past 3 days straight to blame for that. As always, it was good to see and catch up with everyone and hope to try and not make a it just a once a year thing, but this dang adulting thing is to blame. We also did see some of the tornado damage from before Christmas that passed through not 15 minutes from town, which was also very scary to see. Keep your family close, and always have a tornado plan since it's crazy out there these days!

Mississippi Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo