Skip to main content

Fitness Jams

Yasssss, we made it! Happy Friday! Hello Weekend! Hallelujah!

To follow up on my earlier post about getting started with your fitness journey are a couple of things that don't necessarily make things easier, but they sure do help! One of those being music. Having a playlist when you're working or running helps make the time go by faster and also gets you in the rhythm. I'm pretty hit or miss with music-I can go run outside without head phones and be perfectly fine (really the worrier in me just wants to be able to hear anything just in case), but on the treadmill is where I can lose focus. I need something that kees me going, so I put together a few of my top kick-ass songs to workout to:

Alive-Sia. My newest fave. This song is so perfect to run to and has an awesome build up. When it hits that main chorus I feel like punching the air! I can do anything with this song on! And then I hit replay :) 

Untouched-The Veronicas. This has been a long time fave, stemming all the way from senior year in high school to train for college soccer (if you lost track of time like I sometimes do that was 2007 folks. 2007?!!!!). The beat is good and keeps the tempo up and if you're one of those OCD types that has to run to the beat, this song is IT.

Clarity-Zedd. Another song that has a good build up. Plus the EDM beats just make you want to turn it up loud, throw your arms up, and jam!

Shake ya Tailfeather-Nelly, Murphy Lee, and P Diddy.  I love old school Nelly. I recently heard this song on the radio and surprised myself with how much of the rap I still had memorized. I downloaded it and used it in my next run and I was so into lip sinking my rap that I didn't notice half a mile had already gone by.

She Looks So Perfect- 5SOS. Okay this might be a little embarrassing, but this song has the perfect beat to run to. It's up beat the whole song and I found it helped keep my pace. Who doesn't love a little boy band action, especially from Australia?!

So as you can tell it's pretty all over the place. I like fast paced music, so I can't really run or workout to country or slower jams, but I'm not necessarily sold on just dirty rap. One time I ran to Lord of The Rings on the tv in front of me (if your gym is fortunate enough to have tvs on each tread), and I could have stayed on there all day, nerd alert! It kept me on there probably an extra 10 minutes than planned, so really anything that hooks you is a winner in my book! 


Since I'm not big on music, I'm probably behind in finding out all of these cool things, but my favorite find lately is the running section of my Spotify app. It has a thing that will measure your run tempo and match your stride to a song that has the same beat, so you're basically running in sync with the music. Pretty cool, huh?



And because I'm feeling generous (okay, maybe it's because it's Friday), honorable mentions that aren't necessary but may contribute to great success (very niiiiice!) areeeee:
-Finding a workout buddy! My husband and I go as much as possible together, which really is maybe once or twice a week since our work schedules are completely different. The couple that works out together stays together, isn't that how the saying goes? Grab some girl friends and start together, or I've even made friends in the classes I take that make it not as bad. 
-This may be completely vain, but having good workout gear or a bright, awesome pair of workout shoes always makes working out a teensy bit better. When you look good, you feel good, right?! 

Hope you all have a great weekend! The weather is supposed to be cold and rainy (thanks, Texas).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo