Skip to main content

Currently

Sadly another weekend has come and gone and it's the dreaded M word. The least favorite day of the week. We spent ours cozied up inside and staying warm. Right now we are on a movie kick the past couple of weeks: Star Wars Episodes 4-6, the new Star Wars (in my case), The Big Short, Concussion, Creed, Straight Outta Compton. Recommend all of them, for a different array of reasons. But because my brain is still on weekend mode, currently I'm:

Loving: fuzzy pajama pants all day everyday. Which was the majority of the weekend. as previously mentioned. Trying new recipes (thrown together crock pot lasagna and strawberry banana blender muffins). My pumpkin vanilla candle that still has a little bit left in it from the Fall. 

Watching: Teen Witch. Soo 80's, but I used to love this movie! I'm also slightly obsessed with the new Shannara Chronicles on MTV, the return of Teen Mom, Pretty Little Liars (5 years later!), and the Challenge. (RIP Diem *tear*). Basically reality TV heaven for me, which is my guilty pleasure.

Listening to: Cruisin' down the street in my 6 4...thanks to Straight Outta Compton. 

Reading: I just finished True Believer by Nicholas Sparks (as a part of my goal to read more) and as usual, pulled me in and now I want to live in small town USA on the East Coast. Gah. 

Dreaming of: tan legs and warm toes. Hash tag Winter Woes. Also wanting to expanding our family and adding a furry friend soon. Not sure the husband is on board with that one yet. 

Eating: I had a bad craving for the chocolate covered acai berries that Brookstone carries, so we went to Costco to get a big bag, and they did.not.have.them. World ruined. And then I got the Cherry and Tahitian Vanilla flavored and was slightly appeased. BUT THEN the little girl scout came a knocking and now my best good friends Samoa and Savannah Smiles are keeping me company. 

Learning: Frame making. Coming soon.

Obsessed with: blogging. Reading my favorite ones from start to finish. I'm on a roll this year with posting more, and I'm proud of myself for keeping this going. Sorry not sorry for blowing everyone up about it ;)

Planning: I have big plans ideas for our living room, bedroom, and kitchen. Our house is dark with not a lot of natural light and it drives me nuts. So I'm about to lighten this baby up!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo