Skip to main content

Long Live Alien!


In true grown up fashion, Robert and I purchased our first car together! Which meant that I had to trade in my car that I've had for almost 10 years, stemming all the way from Junior year of High School to now. Happy "4 year anniversary of graduating college" to me? And I have to tell you, as weird as I am (so shouldn't be all surprised), it was a LOT sadder than I thought, seeing my Alien stripped of all of my knick knacks, CDs, paperwork, and sentimental valuables collected in there over the past 10 years and just like that-gone! 


So, so long Alien! This post is for you. I'll miss you and your awesome gas mileage. And how your speakers buzzed just right when I played Flo Rida music. Or the countless number of memories I'v had since Christmas 2005. 



I'll never forget the time that....


-I first got you! Merry Christmas to me. 



(Pictures of me opening the keys, Christmas Eve 2005) 


-How on the first day of school the a couple weeks later in January I was backing out and hit the wall of the garage, denting the front side and popping off the fender. I couldn't even drive my new car to school on the first day. Real slick, Danielle! 

-And then I named him Alien because the front was so short and looked Alien-like to me. And had a little figurine of the Martian as a mascot. Not sure where that went. 




-Quick after school rides to Taco Bell before practice and jamming out Show Stopper by Danity Kane. THE jam. 

-The one time it was keyed in SEVERAL spots for NO DANG REASON! 

-Or the multiple times it was drawn on during our car wars or decorated for my birthday Senior year.  


-Several drunken night adventures (me not driving of course), and some nights with an over capacity amount of passengers. 

-Loading up and off to college! I cried the whole 25 minute drive North to school. 

-That one time, I backed into the black fence outside of my parent's garage and scraped the back up and never got it fixed...

-Which led to me sitting outside my apartment at Gateway using a silver paint pen to go over the marks and camouflage it which was strategically timed to "run in" to a certain neighbor boy because I saw him go for a run and knew he would be back soon. Oh yea, he's now my husband. 

-Which then led to the romance between Alien and Burt (Robert's truck) because his truck always made a "ert ert" noise when it locked/unlocked. 



-Several road trips to Southwest Texas, Mississippi, Austin, San Antonio, Oklahoma, Shreveport. Alien is well traveled in the surrounding states. 



-Alien stopped running on me in the center lane of 2499 by Grapevine Mills during Friday afternoon rush hour traffic and had to sit on the side of the road for 3 hours waiting for a tow truck. Oh yea it was 100 degrees out! 
-Alien lasted 1 1/2 years of high school, 4 years of college, and now 4 years post college; dorm life, apartment life, home life. Layers of snow and ice. HAIL! (which was awful-yet fixed!), 1 flat tire that I had to change, 4 different visors because they never would stay all the way up, and only a couple of bumps, and no major injuries to speak of. 






(Apparently I enjoyed making this face...)


Thanks for the memories, Alien! You've seen old friends and new friends, old roads and new places, bumps and bruises and plenty of good times. I'll never forget youuuu. <3 (also, I don't think it's weird that I have a montage of Alien pictures and am treating him like a person, and remember exactly where we were going in each of them!)


(The last ride...*tear*)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo