Skip to main content

I do...me too!

#sorrynotsorry for the onslaught of photos coming your way! Now that we have all of our photos back from our April wedding, I'm trying to organize my thoughts and memories and feelings on just about everything! My number 1 question in life will most likely always be a version: How does life go so fast?! In a few short weeks it will be SEPTEMBER (AKA the greatest month of the year because, well, both my hubby and I were BORN!), and with that comes birthdays (as previously mentioned), football, state fair, concerts (Garth Brooks anyone?), Holidays, BOOTS!, and plenty more warm, snuggly, goodiness that I just love. Back to my point, it's important now more than ever to really just soak up these times, because being an adult doesn't get any slower, and life doesn't get a second chance, so this is why I post so many photos and reminisce over and over ;) 

So next time you're alone or get a sec, take a deep breath. Thank the Lord that you're alive and well. Bask in the sunshine or snuggle deeper under the covers. And smile, because frowning creates more wrinkles. 


 Our venue set up was pretty perfect. The grass was green, it wasn't raining, and it came together nicely!

 One of my favorite things about all of my vendor choices was our florist. Emily from Petals Couture did such an amazing job with bringing my vision to life. I can't say enough about her and her team that set everything up. 

 Perhaps one of my favorite pictures that was captured. In true (and typical fashion), those silly girls walked down the aisle with their personalities showing!

 The big reveal :) I was very particular that no one besides immediate family saw me in my dress before the actual ceremony, because I wanted everyone to have their reaction all together. 

 I was worried about Robert and him seeing me right away, since I had a little ways to walk before I technically was down the actual aisle, and I wanted his full, true reaction to seeing me to be where he would get a good eye full. Someone cried wolf so many times that he almost didn't turn around in time to actually see me before I was up there. That would have been awful but luckily it turned out perfect! I'm sure a few (or all) of y'all could hear me yelling (complete with twirling hand gestures) for someone to turn him around..oops. 

 We made it, no tripping, all smiles. 

 Such a sweet moment, admits the chaos and time moving at lightening speed. I don't even remember if I even said anything, but I love you Dad!


 "You made my cleaning skills supreme-all before we were even dating!" Kenton's face is like...Yup!


 Tip: If the ring falls, don't both go down for it. Let the preacher/officiant get it for you ;) 

 And just like that-it's done! Our bridesmaids were beautiful, our groomsmen handsome, and we couldn't have asked for a better officiant than Allen!

And perhaps another of the sweetest moments that I didn't even know about until the picture. The girls were so "eww cooties" every time we held hands or kissed the previous Christmas and at the rehearsal dinner, or "ew boys" so this was sweet to see. :D

Our ceremony was short and sweet and to the point. Just like us. I've been to weddings where the ceremony just took forever, and didn't want my guests to feel that same way. The weather lucked out for us all day long in between the rainy days, and I think not even a week or two afterwards our venue was flooded from the lake overflowing. I don't remember where anyone was sitting or standing, or who was there or what I said. I couldn't hear any music, but I do remember the walk with my father, and the walk back down with my husband. 

My husband. This is real life, right? <3 

Comments

  1. aww it looks like a perfect and beautiful, wonderful day!! what a stunning bride! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo