Skip to main content

Post T-Day

Oh my goodness. I hope everyone had a fabulous fun, wobble till ya gobbled, love filled Turkey Day! I've been sick all week long (coughing, congestion, headaches, the works), but still was able to put that aside to enjoy the most beautiful clear blue, sun-filled sky with my family. My sister is in town so we were complete. My dad was up early getting the turkey in, and the meal was yummy in my tummy as usual. And Robert delayed his trip to the deer lease so he could eat with us, so I am especially grateful, thankful, and lucky for him :) AND my whole family. We are the only ones out here in Texas so I hate to stray from Tradition. OH and my "Sex in a Pan" Dessert was nomnomnomnom (good). I'll have to post the recipe later on. It was also very simple and customizable, and I remembered to take pictures this time!


You can see the beginning of my food baby. Otherwise that sweater dress was not the most flattering thing to wear!

 Robert, Me, Mallory, and her boyfriend Peter (who got to experience a southern Herron Thanksgiving for the first time!) 

Kiefy even had some fun getting dressed up! If you're on Instagram, look up #BabushkaDogs...you won't be disappointed! 

This weekend is filled with not trying to go all out for Christmas shopping. I've finished shopping for almost everyone, so I'm way ahead of the game, but geeze this decorations! I'm addicted and it's terrible! We might have a bare tree this year since this is the first year we have an actual sized Christmas tree, but most everything else is decorated. We are hoping to find some good deals after Christmas at a reasonable price. 

Also during my stressed induced Christmas decoration shopping, I decided to check where I'm at for wedding stuff. My sister is in town so I'm itching to finally show her all the things I've done so far. According to the timeline on Pinterest, I'm ahead of the game (knock on wood). I went this past week to get my alterations started on my dress (I wasn't feeling the greatest but the appointment was already set so had to endure it), so hopefully my dress will be done by my follow up appointment in a few weeks! I've already got my veil, shoes, and earrings but GEE WIZ I cannot for life of me decide what I want to do with my hair. The seamstress was almost chastising my mom and I for doing the alterations so early due to "weight fluctuation" from now until the wedding. Lady, I've been this same size since high school, I don't think I'm going to have any issues. We told her to take her time, no rush, but she didn't want to have it hanging there waiting to work on, so it should be done in early December. Works for me-and one more thing I can check off my list. 

Most people that I've talked with say that these next few months leading up to the wedding are just going to fly by. I don't think I'm ready to fly just yet, but I still can't believe that we are allllllmost to the actual YEAR we are getting married in! It's like this "thing" we talk about but don't really think it's an actual thing but know that it will be soon? I still don't see myself as a "bride" and don't feel like I am old enough to be doing this, but also have to stop and remind myself that I AM 26, college graduate, full time job, new house owner, grown up adult. Time sure does fly that's for sure. This is my new norm. <3 

PS. Target had these adorable Christmas koozies in their $1 section. Since we are avid koozie collectors, I thought these would be super cute for all of our Holiday parties! 


I mean, are those not the cutest? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo