Skip to main content

Karma's a...

Great thing! It's a also a huge bitch. That's why I'm a strong believer in "you get what you give," and try get the most out of every situation. If it's not life threatening, then it's going to be okay. If something doesn't go right, or happens unexpectedly, it's probably not the end of the world. So why worry, stress, and think that it is and further yet put those feelings onto someone or something completely innocent in the situation. Stress Free's the Way to Be! 

We recently visited our local CiCi's joint by our new house just to check things out and to get a hot meal, and this place was the ultimate dining experience. It had recently been renovated, so everything was new, shiny, efficient, and overall a great time, not to mention the staff was great. So great we went back to eat a couple of days later, where we witnessed a family of 4 have the audacity to complain to the first employee to walk by that they think the place is going downhill based on their last experience before the renovation. Seriously, who does that? If you don't like this place (that we've had 2 positive experiences at), don't go. And don't make someone else feel like crap about it because I'm pretty sure they do the best they can to accommodate anything that is needed. Yes, the coke machine apparently wasn't mixing the syrup right, so it's tasted funny, and yes, we heard when you were yelling across the restaurant to the employees to fix it, but you probably should have been drinking water anyway from the way your eating habits were showing. Things must of not have been THAT bad to complain AFTER you finished your meal and your drinks. Just sayin.

There are way bigger issues for our society to be worried about vs insignificant things that go on every day to day living. I'm not perfect by any means, but I've been trying to work on smiling at people that I pass at work or in a store, going out of the way to be polite to someone (holding doors, complimenting, or letting them over in a lane they are trying to get into while driving), and just trying to be the best version of myself each day, because 1) you don't know what anyone else going through, and 2) life is too short to be worried about the small things. 

And maybe it's just my personality, but most things that happen "wrong" really don't phase me. I'm super laid back, and usually am the calm one in high tense situations. I'd rather not inconvenience someone when the effort was already put in to help me with something. I'm very empathetic towards everything and very passionate about all things living. And maybe that can bite me in the butt one day since part of my attitude is that "oh it's going to be fine, nothing THAT bad can ever happen," but seriously, being happy and being thoughtful and cognizant of those around you, definitely adds to the good karma your way. I find it self-rewarding when you know that you were the one to make a difference in someone's day today, and all of those green lights you caught on your way to work the next morning when you're running late? You're welcome. I don't do things because I'm looking for repayment or something in return, and I think that's a big issue that people these days need to work on. Why can't people just be nice for once, and not just nice out of knowing they are getting or expecting something in return. To me that seems fake and two-faced and there is nothing more that bothers me than someone being in-genuine. And if Karma decides to re-pay the favor in a different way, then so be it. 

Moral of this preach: Be nice. Be good. Be genuine. And what happens when people open their hearts? They get better. 

Side note: I was on the phone with a customer calling in the other day and after asking for something because they didn't know where they could get something, and me politely explaining how we don't have it here, but if they could hold on a sec I could get them to who they needed to talk to instead of them calling all the wrong people several times, the person promptly goes, "you know what...click" and hung up on me. Just think of being that person who is a butt head and rude and unhappy and it shows, and how it comes across to others. Do you really like being THAT person, the one that I silently curse after the conversation is over because you were mean for absolutely no reason? Being rude and ungrateful gets you nowhere, people! Come on now, we are better than that. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo