Skip to main content

Kiefer is 7!




My little baby puppy, deemed me "girl with the dog" 7 years ago at the same apartment complex that I would meet my husband at, is all growed up. 7 long yet incredibly short years old! He was just a wee little thing, my pride and joy, and originally not mine. My roommate at the time made the decision to bring him home (he was born in Oklahoma!) and after some inappropriate doggy handler behavior, I announced him mine, paid for his vet bills, and took him home to my parents house. Where he's never left, and now that their house is empty, has made himself quit comfortable sharing my parents bed at night. 

 //October when we first got him!//

//Being goofy//baby snuggles//

For anyone that knows me or has met me, they know that I talk about my dog a lot. Or I post a lot of pictures of him. Sorry not sorry. He's my Kiefy Baby.

//Hey Mom!//little babyyyy//

Kiefer loves tennis balls and licking the back of your legs as he walks by. He is scared of shadows and big objects-especially the sprinklers, but will bark something fierce at someone who rings the doorbell, even though he is safely in the protection of being in the living room across the house. He loves getting the backs of his ears scratched, and is happiest to greet you with an array of bones or balls to throw for him immediately upon arrival. He enjoys playing catch instead of fetch, and doesn't like to walk on wet grass. His goofy face with his ears up and smiling with his tongue out is my favorite. He has never barked to get your attention, but will knock the blinds over at the back door or hit you repeatedly with his paw. He loves holding hands when I drive, and is the best at making dinosaur noises when he's excited or needs his bone that is out of reach. He thinks he's the size of a lap dog, especially when he's trying to pull/claw/jump his way up into your lap at the dinner table. Sorry pup, 70lbs is no joke, but looks so So so cute when he's curled up asleep on one side of the couch. He prefers to lay down to eat, and will pull his bowl so it's right next to him so no one else can get it. He loves his t-shirt, it's SO funny when we put socks on him, and he has separation anxiety when we take his collar off. 

He has personality for days, and is super goofy. But don't let that full you-he's smart as a whip too! As a puppy he used to wait until my alarm went off to jump on the bed with me and share my pillow as I snoozed, and I could let him out to pee from my 2nd story apartment, and he would go down the stairs to pee on the grass and come back up all by himself.

//My ball//If it fits, I sits, I mean lay//

//Don't judge me//

 //Sleepy Kiefy//

//See how I love pillows?//

 //My ears are like this naturally//

//Yawwwwwn//

 //I stay fashionable//

//Not too sure about these//

So Happiest of Birthdays, Kiefy! Remember that one time I got you a plastic ice cream cone toy for your birthday several years ago and you shredded it right there in front of me? Good times. 


<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo