Skip to main content

Fall's a coming.

Spring Summer  FALL is in the air, I can feel it! Especially at lunch times when I walk out and it's only 80 degrees or so mid-day (we won't talk about how it's above 90 by the time I'm getting back from lunch). Texas say whaaaa? 

I'm still trying to hold on to the last few glimpses of summer, which means a couple of lake weekends and an outdoor wedding in the next couple of weeks, and lets not forget tailgating and fair time which is still hot enough to be "considered" Summer. And lets be real-Texas doesn't really get a "Fall" and jumps right to winter right around November, but I'm going to pretend it's about to be fall anyway. My middle name isn't Autumn for nothing (okay, so maybe it does have to do with the fact that I was born the day before Autumn starts), but I digress! Give me those crisp golden sunsets and leaf changing and pumpkins and hot chocolate and boots-oh my! Texas, I know you've got in in you. 

I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but what's a girl to do when fall clothes, school starting (wait, what's school?), football season, and shorter days are right around the corner! It's give me excitement that's super sentimental, and hard to put into words. 


Fall Essentials (Mainly just my wish list and things I'm excited for!):

1) A GOOD pair of boots, in which I'm super guilty of just buying the cheapo ones to get me through the season but I'm thinking now a good pair is worth the investment! These are my current faves! 



2) Well, gonna need a cute travel bag/everyday purse to match, right? Simple, yet cute enough to go with anything. Warning: Don't go into Nordstrom Rack without expecting to come out with your wallet feeling lighter!



3) I freaking want a onesie. And I want a good one that will keep my entire body warm without having to be bundled up in blankets, because Uno-I don't like a bunch of blanket weight on me, and two-a onesie is LEGIT!

4) I'm been intrigued to try to keep up with my "tan" (HA...what tan), but this post provided some inspiration, since I don't tan in the beds anymore. Except for before my wedding, that's an exception. The majority of my summer "tan" comes from self tanner lotion. Shhh. And this one is supposed to be the best. 



5. An epic Halloween costume since UNT is playing ON Halloween AT home this year ON a Saturday. Any ideas? This is essential to our whole fall football tailgating experience-duh! 

6. I've seen this tan puffy vest circulating on pinterest for a while now, but can't seem to find one that actually exists (the pictures take you back to JCrew, but they don't have any in that color I don't think). I love a nice (fitted) puffy vest-so comfy without being weighed down by a big jacket. Plus you can fit it over anything and pair with a scarf and voila! 


August, I sure enjoyed you-I guess. June's zip lining adventure fail was redeemed! New wedding signs were created. Friends were seen and new cars (well, just one) were given. School started, which resulted in the onslaught of "first day of school" pics all morning, then National Dog Day provided endless doggy pics, and apparently today is National Burger Day. Which may or may not be a bad thing. What's next?! I'm sort of looking forward to re-arranging my closet-am I grown up or what?!


The only thing that stays the same is everything's changing, everything's cha-ee-anging. 

Is it too early to be putting out Halloween and other "appropriate" Fall decor? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo