Skip to main content

Rat on the Rat!

And in this case, it's LAKE rat, and then a random BASEBALL rat. Which we both hit this weekend. Rat on the rat pertains also to this hilarious Peter Gabriel song that we heard on our way back from the lake this weekend...the lyrics were too funny! It was pretty low key at both spots, but I hadn't been out to our lake spot since last year, so it was quite a surprise to see real life WATER in the lake (who wouldn't thought, eh?)! With the drought, the past few summers have kept us on land, since no one could put their boat in since everything was so dry. Hopefully this summer it's back to normal because I love being out on the water with our friends and having a good time! One of my favorite spots to be. Highlights of the weekend: playing golf cart NASCAR on a very short track, shady trees and a nice breeze, NOT having spiders drop on my head at night, and a pretty yum grill cooked pizza, just the way I like it (minus the burn bottom of the crust...still learning). The view doesn't hurt either :)





[had to throw that one in there, it's the theme of the summer!]

After a stormy Saturday night, we got back in time to hit up one of the Frisco Rough Riders game to see former/now returned Texas Ranger Josh Hamilton (also known as the guy who burned his bridge with us since "we aren't a baseball town" when we made it to the World Series twice in a row). It was sort of humorous to see him and all his grown, mature, "professional" baseball player status and how he compared to these little ole scrawny bare-out-of-teen-years double A league players. But you could definitely tell he had some confidence to him just the way he carried himself. He took the time to fist bump a little kid through the net when he was on deck to bat, which was sweet. Kudos to Josh. And hopefully he will be playing back with the Rangers soon because I heard they need the help. 



Now, on wards toooo NEW YORK CITY! Can't wait to go back. Just a few short days! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo