Skip to main content

6 things I love for 6 years of love

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far away (okkk so just up the road in good ol Denton, TX), a 22 year old boy asked/told a 20 year old girl to be his girlfriend late one night after a graduation party. This was about 5 months into their friendship. The young girl didn't know what she was getting herself into, and luckily she took took a leap of faith and looky: after a summer of pool parties and summer jobs, they became a 28 year old husband and a 26 year old wifey this year, and they lived happily ever after!

6 short (or long) years later (I can't decide if it's gone fast or gone slow), and here we are! Over half a decade of love. moving closer to double digit years every single day. How is this my life? I love that this is my life!

I also love...

1...the way that the husband kisses/hugs me goodbye every morning while I'm snoozing until my actual alarm goes off. we also play this game of him trying to grab my feet through the covers, and it makes me remember how I used to play that game with my childhood kitty, Gory, except that she had claws when she caught my toesies. owie. <3 

2...our fake accents that we use to talk to each other in. no normal english communication around this campsite! do you geeeet wat i am sayinnggg (in a cross between borat and making up my own dialect). can't be too serious, you know? 

3...being vain here: i love how handsome my husband is. especially when he wears black. or navy. or white. or teal. or pretty much everything. jeans and rolled up sleeves on a button up? khakis and a t-shirt with a backwards hat? *swoon* 

4...that he has the travel bug now! so far I've managed to get him to travel to mississippi (crossing over arkansas and tennessee to get there), the bahamas, new york city, baltimore, washington dc, back to new york city, and hopefully plenty more places to come (in and out of the country). 

5...how handy he is and is becoming. he has made several projects from scratch (including a table to go behind our couch and a knock off pottery barn head board), and not to mention that he stained our entire fence and arbor to make it look pretty and cherry-woody. next on the list is re-landscaping our front yard. oh the life of a homeowner! i'll do the pointing and tell him where to put things and he can do the labor because he looks good at lifting things ;) 

6...that he loves me the same regardless of if i actually did my hair or not. or showered or not. or am sweaty and gross and smelly. he has seen me at my worst and still loves me like it's my best. 

Love, love. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo