Skip to main content

Life's Little Lately's

With life happening so fast, it's hard to keep up with what we've been doing the past few weeks. Sometime you just have to stop and smell the...

...afternoon root beer floats that are courtesy of the leftover ice cream in the break room freezer, and the free root beers in the vending machine. Score!


...little baby sunflower plant that husband bought for me to "care" for that has begun to sprout!


...Cinco de Mayo doggy sombrero.


...name change. Practice makes perfect, right?


...a little bit of signage that I've been doing. Congrats are in order both one marriage and one engagement!
 


[[favorite sign!]]

...freshly planted flowers + new mulch that husband put in because he can't sit still long enough for anyone ELSE (named 'wifey') to plant herself


...impromptu trip to the Lonestar Race Track in Grand Prairie. Not sure how I felt about the actual horse racing (don't those whips hurt?!), but gosh the horses were so beautiful. And it took me back to when I was growing up and obsessed with horses (my barbies has their own stable. Black Beauty anyone?) and how I signed up for the horse activity at summer camp, only to not pass the test that would allow me to ride the trails, so I had to ride around the enclosure. My poor 8 year old self was just heartbroken.



...perks at working at such a great place where we are fortunate to have a thing called "Employee Appreciation Week." Sort of like Homecoming week in high school, where each day we can dress as the theme and have a game, except instead of a dance we have a happy hour out back. Because we are all grown ups like that. With no high school drama. And I can wear Stars and Camo stuff, and have a snow cone, because I'm cool.
 


...a doggy who looks guilty but just can't help himself when he sees a tissue to shred.

[[If I sits on it, maybe the humans won't notice]]


And a random dream where I could have sworn there was a spider on my pillow, which then resulted in me freaking out and waking up still trying to get it away from me, which then woke up the hubby. I just haddddd to turn on the light to juuuust make sure, but even though it was light in my dream (like with the nightstand lamp on), I still was paranoid after that and I could just imagine it sitting on my pillow getting tangled in my hair. Yuck.

...and last but not least-an epic #throwbackthursday to our trip last year to NYC, where we saw Luke Bryan up close, hit up a New York Rangers game at Madison Square Garden, got to see my sissy (right after we got engaged!), messed around with all of the Super Bowl stuff (which was happening the following week), take epic pictures of our view from the Empire State Building, and walk around Times Square several times (since our hotel was pretty close so it wasn't a bad walk to it every day). And we get to go back again next week-hopefully like 80 degrees warmer than last time! <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo