Skip to main content

Post Wedding rememberances. Is that a word?

Now that we are Month 1 post wedding, things have settled back into our normal routine, sans a wedding to-do list. I sort of just sat and stared for a moment yesterday, just thinking to myself that I could.not.believe that it's been over 30 days, 1 whole month, 1/12 of an entire year that we have been legally donned Mr. and Mrs. And we haven't even done anything! Well...except go to The Bahamas for a week, followed by Fiesta in San Antonio for the weekend, and then this and then that and oh! Here we are. Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

But! There are so many new things to look forward too also. Summer is upon us, so that means re-visiting our lake site (which hopefully has water now which meannnsss that we will spend our time ON the water this year, instead of just staring at how low the lake looks). One of my friends graduates from law school this weekend, and then moving to Austin (juuuust in time for her Bachelorette party next month!). My sister graduates from Westpoint and will be an officer in the Army come fall and living on the East Coast (sad day). My mom will be on summer vaca which I am forcing my parents to get an animal to be trained during that time so that way Kiefer has a playmate. Kiefer was the perfect match for our dog Shelby (who passed away at the ripe old age of 18), so Kiefer needs the same stimulation. And since babies are not upon us quite yet, maybe that means that Robert and I could start a little fur fam of our own?!

With that being said, I didn't want to forget our wedding and all of the things that went into it since it literally passed in the blink of an eye. You can read about our main vendors that we used here, and I still stand by each thing I said 100%. I just want to remember the things that may not seem that significant, good or bad. Liiiike:

-How during the wedding rehearsal the night before, we "practiced" what would happen if someone were to drop one of the rings. TIP: The officiant picks it up so you don't bonk heads! But it actually happened to us during the exchange of my ring, and we all had quite a chuckle at that.

-How also, during the rehearsal, I deemed my mother "T-Dog" because that was Robert's nickname for her, and our officiant got so tickled and had the most contagious laugh because of it. And then everyone was calling her T-Dog the next day and my dad continues to do so. Well played!

-How I lost my wedding heels?! Still don't know what happened to these. I changed out of them at the earliest I could because my feet were sweaty, so I kicked them off in the ballroom before the reception even started and put on my sandals, never to see them again! Ahh, well. Hmm. At least they didn't have any sweet nothings written on the bottom like I've seen some grooms do for their bride.

-How (and this might be TMI for some) I was wearing my underwear backwards the entire night! My sister had gotten me some super cute ones that had Mrs. on the side, and I thought they had looked kinda small while I was donning them, but alas, twas because my wedding brain did not seem to comprehend "forwards" and "backwards" at the time. Didn't even realize this until I changed out of my dress before the after party. And I hadn't even been drinking!

-How the song of the night was the Cupid Shuffle (played multiple times), followed by Call Me Maybe at a close second, courtesy a request from my flower girls. We were all jumping and laughing and singing likes the girls that we were and our DJ even cut the music to hear us sing it. That was one for the books.

-How Robert alllllmost didn't even turn around on time to see me walking down the aisle. Since I was coming out of the side building, I had to walk across the back of the lot until I got to the ceremony spot, so he was turned around facing away until I got to the actual aisle. That would have been a disaster and I surely would have made everyone back up and do it again just so he sees me at the right time. Thanks to an *awesome* best man that likes to cry wolf and wouldn't tell him seriously to turn around on time. And my physically almost yelling to turn him around with certain hand circling motions to get him turned. That was a close one.

-How I went to Target and bought one of those pre-made snack packs that has carrots, chicken salad, grapes, and ritz crackers inside that I ate at Ulta next door while waiting for my makeup turn. I still eat those, and they are the bomb.com. That was my lunch before I could eat lunch. And by lunch I mean 2 whole ginormous Subway sandwich trays that were brought in which I snacked on all night long. And didn't want Subway for at leaaaast a month after that (but ended up getting it in the airport in Atlanta on our way back from Nassau).

-How I wrote my "vows" aka personal statements for Robert a few weeks before our wedding one night after we had gone to bed. It just came to me and I hid my phone (and my head) beneath the covers so I wouldn't get caught. Hehe

And so many other tidbits and pieces that my post-wedding mind just can't think of right now. Everything happened so fast, so if you have a funny story or anything about the wedding, I would love to hear about it! Especially if it involves wanting to sleep in the bushes outside, or ACTUALLY sleeping in the bathroom/locker room to be found the next morning by a worker....which were things that actually happened in real life..






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo