Skip to main content

I have a 24 year old sister!

Happiest of Birthdays to my 24 year old!! 24?? Wasn't I just 24, like a year ago?!!!!

It wasn't too long ago that I was yelling "eat it! eat it!" during a shielding drill at soccer practice our senior/freshman year of high school, as I sprint tackled my sister and was forcing her face to the turf-all in good fun I promise. Or that she was giving the Maid of Honor speech at my wedding, referencing said "eat it" example. Remember that time when I couldn't stand you because you wanted to wear all of my clothes, be friends with all of my friends, and like the same guys I liked? Not to mention being in half of my classes all year because you just had to do the same electives and athletics that I did? What were we thinking!!? I missed out on many years because of my constant companion, but I would go through all of that all over again to get to where we are today! My best friend! My sister from the same mister!  My proudest accomplishment, because-and lets be honest-without me being the *awesome* big sis that I am, you wouldn't have done anything like soccer or band and who knows what you'd be doing today ;) 

My forever Halloween buddy, Karate kid side kick, matching outfit partner, and fellow family weirdo: 













So happy 24 years on earth today! Our little blonde Shirley Temple turned grown Second Leuitenant. Love you like a sista! <3 <3





And now, come home already!!!


!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo