Skip to main content

An Awkward Family Thanksgiving, 2015 Edition.

Awkward? Us? Usually we are alright, but the family photo we tried to attempt with the newly found self-timer on the cell phone turned out quite hilarious, if I do say so myself. Complete with the dog: 



Pre-awkward family photo, we had a great meal. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope it was filled with warmth, laughter, and many many things to be thankful for. This year has been the busiest yet-new families added and changes galore-and I am so grateful for everything that has happened! Thanksgiving Day brought upon a wave of non-stop rain post meal, which perfectly set the mood for our afternoon napping during the Cowboy's game. But since the rain did.not.stop. until the wee hours of the morning, I was woken up by a lovely "flood warning" courtesy of my iPhone, kindly reminding me to watch out for flooding at 3am, which also did me a favor and made me EXTRA thankful that I was all warm and snuggly in my bed and not out galavanting around fighting crowds for the "black" Friday deals. 


Happy Turkey Day from The Rivera's!


A well deserved nap.


A perfectly timed photo to solidify my spot on the couch for the next 4+ hours.

So, the turkey was gobbled, the dressing stuffed down, and the brownie cream cake pie thing  enjoyed for dessert. Sister was in town, the Christmas decorations were taken down, and it stopped raining (for now)! As following Herron family tradition, turkey tetrazzini was created from the leftovers, and what normally takes several days to go through, barely any leftovers survived 24 hours. Can't wait to see what next year's meal brings! We are already talking about doubling up on some, and adding in a bomb.com green bean casserole, but dang can't get too ahead of my taste buds watering because 364 days takes a long time!


Another perfectly timed photo. The most unphotogenic dog in the world posed on his OWN for this.

Kiefer is always grateful for turkey tetrazzini.


'Tis the season to be Thankful!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo