Skip to main content

An Awkward Family Thanksgiving, 2015 Edition.

Awkward? Us? Usually we are alright, but the family photo we tried to attempt with the newly found self-timer on the cell phone turned out quite hilarious, if I do say so myself. Complete with the dog: 



Pre-awkward family photo, we had a great meal. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope it was filled with warmth, laughter, and many many things to be thankful for. This year has been the busiest yet-new families added and changes galore-and I am so grateful for everything that has happened! Thanksgiving Day brought upon a wave of non-stop rain post meal, which perfectly set the mood for our afternoon napping during the Cowboy's game. But since the rain did.not.stop. until the wee hours of the morning, I was woken up by a lovely "flood warning" courtesy of my iPhone, kindly reminding me to watch out for flooding at 3am, which also did me a favor and made me EXTRA thankful that I was all warm and snuggly in my bed and not out galavanting around fighting crowds for the "black" Friday deals. 


Happy Turkey Day from The Rivera's!


A well deserved nap.


A perfectly timed photo to solidify my spot on the couch for the next 4+ hours.

So, the turkey was gobbled, the dressing stuffed down, and the brownie cream cake pie thing  enjoyed for dessert. Sister was in town, the Christmas decorations were taken down, and it stopped raining (for now)! As following Herron family tradition, turkey tetrazzini was created from the leftovers, and what normally takes several days to go through, barely any leftovers survived 24 hours. Can't wait to see what next year's meal brings! We are already talking about doubling up on some, and adding in a bomb.com green bean casserole, but dang can't get too ahead of my taste buds watering because 364 days takes a long time!


Another perfectly timed photo. The most unphotogenic dog in the world posed on his OWN for this.

Kiefer is always grateful for turkey tetrazzini.


'Tis the season to be Thankful!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Part 1

Where to start, where to start? It's surreal to me how we've ALREADY been married over a week, AND that we've already been to the Bahamas and back :( The Bahamas (in Nassau to be exact) is such a beautiful place. It's the same island that has the Atlantis Resort on it, which we could see in the distance down the coast from our resort. We really picked the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We left cloudy, rainy Dallas and Atlanta to sunshine and white sand, blue water, and 80 degree weather! It's so crazy to me that we've already been back from there after spending the week out of the country.  Obligatory newlywed plane selfie Monday morning came dark and early at 4am to catch our first flight out of DFW. I was proudly wearing my super comfy new "wifey" sweatshirt that my friend/bridesmaid Shohreh got me-thank goodness she stalks me on Pinterest ;) along with our brand spankin new wedding bands. Robert's ring looks so good against his ...

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo...

Water Wars Week 3

Week 3 Update: Just chugging along! Both literally and physically. Week 3 is now in the books. Can't say that much has changed since Week 2, but I'm also waking up thirsty and drinking a little bit of water before I eat breakfast and then almost a full 20 ounces on my way to work in the mornings to get the day started. I do tend to "slack" on the weekends (not by much though!) because really, who has time to carry around a water bottle and find a bathroom every hour-especially when you're not home. I do the best I can, and still drink water with every meal too. I can tell the difference though, because by Monday I feel dehydrated and crave water.  I have WAYY more energy than I used to. I'm not sluggish throughout the day (unless I really didn't sleep good the night before), so I be kickin' it all day errrrday.  I feel like my skin is the same. It's not as "changed" as I was hoping (expecting?), but also my skin wasn't that...