Skip to main content

Margarita Ball 2015

Holiday weekends have officially started! This weekend was full of Thanksgiving #1 with hubby's family, which was full of food, family, and plenty of laughter followed by a dash of glam, an old prom dress, and plenty of hair spray and lip gloss. 

We were fortunate enough to be invited by a friend to attend this year's Margarita Ball in Dallas, which is something I'd always heard of but really never knew what it was. All I knew was that it was by invite only, and fancy clothing was required, though I was always a little confused how these things all came together. Turns out it's just not a margarita fest, like the name would suggest (though they did serve free margs-I'll take it!), but it's actually this huge charity thing that is put on by the Dallas Margarita Society to benefit local children and to help them have a better Christmas. Toys and people and dancing and lights and glitter and balloons and wow-it was an experience! 


Obligatory couple picture


Clearly out selfie skills are on point




We got there fairly early to check out the 3 floors this thing spread out on, but by the end some 12,000 people were jam packed in between all of that and I've never been a part of such a huge crowd as this, except for maybe after TX OU game day at the Fair. And since I didn't know Robert in high school, it was fun to dress up super nice (and not just in a wedding dress and suit) and get parent chauffeur to dinner beforehand. My dress was my sister's prom dress from when she was in high school-don't make me do the math because it makes me feel old. Shout out to all of the servicemen and women that were monitoring/working the ball in uniform-thanks (as always!) for what you do. My husband would have spent time thanking all of them if he could, but he kept it to just buying the nearest one a soda/water ticket so they could have a drink on him. 


My selfie skills are improving!


2nd floor main stage Margarita line, because priorities. 


Before things got out of hand! Plenty of things to celebrate :)

A little blurry but love this pic! 

Also shout out the the leggings I wore underneath the dress because hot damn it was cold out there! ;) Today also marks Day #1 for turning our heat on. Meh. And constant toe coverage-finally busted out the fuzzy socks and house shoes! On deck is my first cup of home brewed hot chocolate, not sure if we'll get there pre-Thanksgiving though I'm looking forward to it. To top off a pretty great weekend are the 3 lovely stitches I received earlier today because I was having a little too much fun washing a knife in the sink. Try not to judge the one-armed hair styles coming your way this week :)

Annnnd tomorrow is technically Wednesday for us office folk-we don't speak of the "M" day that likes to come quicker than necessary, but me so excite to see my sissy this week for the first time sine July (omg really?!) and eat some delicious food from casa de parentals.  

T-Minus 4 days till I gobble till I wobble! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo