Skip to main content

Weekends are for the Warriors, Part 1


Holy Weekend! What a whirlwind of events. Birthdays and weddings and drinks all around! I am so thoroughly stuffed from delicious food that I will not be eating until at least Thursday. I mean, freshly made banana ice cream? Woo wee. Homemade cake balls? Don't mind if I do! I convinced myself that I deserved every bit of Oreo pie that I ate, because by golly it was Labor Day weekend and I normally never self indulge-plus, all the homemade food, I'm sure you couldn't resist too. But wait! Food wasn't everything (it was just a constant!). 


We first made our way to Cedar Creek Lake on Friday night-and by "made" our way, I mean snail crawled for 3 hours through Dallas traffic-to spend some time with some good family friends at their lake spot. Cedar Creek was beautiful and clean and I always enjoy being out on the water regardless of which lake is beneath, but it was still nice to be out there with the sun beaming down and the wind in your hair. A picnic and an adult lunch-able didn't hurt either. It was my husband's birthday on Sunday, along with another friend so we had plenty of celebratory chocolate cupcakes and cookie cake to go along with it the night before! I think I'm still itchy from all of the mosquito bites. Itchy. 

Highlights: Plenty of sunset gazing, a cutie pa tootie non-stop 4 year old want to play "kick the ball as high as you can" a bagillion times, the return of college football!, boat rides and sunshine, delicious dinners, celebrating birthdays, spending time with good friends, and a fun corn hole game. 


//Friday night started out with a sunset done RIGHT!//



//Ranger watching is a must in Texas//


//Never to late to learn how to shotgun a beer ;)//




//Step 1: Help your pregnant mom cool off with a can of Miller Lite. Step 2: do NOT dump it on her face!//







//Let's not talk about how tan he is.//

//Checking out some Party Cove scene//


//This is my happy place//



//The dull middle part of our weekend.//

//I think I have a problem....//


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo