Skip to main content

I'm walking on (in) sunshineeee!

Literally. Friday Fair-days. Saturday Six Flags. A summery-end to whirlwind of a birthday/first day of fall week. All of my most favorite things, all together. <3. 

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to wish me a happy birthday. I was pretty apprehensive going into this one, but it's not bad. Not bad at all!! Besides, age really is just a number, right? 


For my birthday, all I really wanted was to go back to the Bahamas. Hence my background. 

Secondly, hallelujah for FALL. My (middle) name sake (not Fall, but Autumn. Same diff) My jam. ME. I love the smell of the weather cooling off in the mornings. And the slight cool snips that we are getting in the breeze that is only confirming that summer is indeed, ending. I really want to organize my closet and bring all the goodie warm clothes out to the front, but I would look pretty silly trying to wear boots and a sweater when it's still 95 degrees out. #Texasfail


Mmmmm. 

THIRD. The State Fair of Texas has officially begun. And we have officially gone to opening day 6 years in a row? Or was it 5? Maybe 7? How old am I? I forget these things. But as tradition holds, fried food was eaten (fried autumn pumpkin pie and dumplings to be exact), cool drinks were enjoyed, and new memories were made. Not to be outdone by previous years, the return of the bungee jumping was seen. This time flying by the cover of night. It wasn't a bat, it was me. I think I officially shocked my newly accustomed 27 year old young body with a perfect shot of Friday night adrenaline. Oh wait, that was the 5 roller coasters I endured in less than an hour on Six Flags Saturday! 






Confession: I only come for the lights <3 

SIX. As in Six Flags Over Texas. Another sunshine-y day filled with walking and (gasp!) no lines. In all my years and times that I've been, I had never been during the "Fall" season, and I have to say, not having to wait in line for Batman (my fave), Mr. Freeze (also my fave-and totally different what the what?), Mine Train, Runaway Mountain, and the "new" Texas Giant was not bad at all!! Probably was because we got there when it opened, but I digress. I hate to admit that I think shocking my body so much in the past 24 hours really caught up, and for the FIRST time in my existence, I felt sick from it. BUT but I then cured my sickness with some Watermelon Sour Patch (they work wonders!) and I was back in the game. Fortunately we had already gone through everything we wanted so it was a nice walk (in the sunshine) for the rest of the time. 




The feels. The feeeeeels. 

And now I officially need a foot massage. 7 hours at the fair and 6 hours at Six Flags will do that to you. And I'm probably going to find an excuse to just wear boots already. Don't judge. Week 2, whatcha got for me?! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo