Skip to main content

27 Things for 27 Years

In celebration of my turning yet another year old, it takes a lot to make up the weirdo that I am today! 

1. I love looking at maps. I used to spend the whole flight looking at the back of the American Way magazine at all of the maps of the world they had there. If I've been traveling recently, I'll look up the map when I get home and just look for all the things I've seen. I don't know what it is-ever since I was a little girl I loved reading and studying maps. Maybe that's why I'm so good at directions, eh? ;)

2. I really can't stand when sharp ended object (pens, pencils, knives, the like) point me directly in the eye. It physically makes me cringe! Used to be a "fun" game at the lunch table for my friends...;) 

3. If I could have any talent in the world, it would be the ability to sing and belt notes and songs out like Carrie Underwood or Christina Aguilera. Those girls can sang.

4. I love crunchy foods. There is just something so satisfying about hearing and feeling that crunch. And if something isn't crunchy that is supposed to be = major disappointment (super soggy fries or limp pizza crust, anyone?). Must be why I love chips and salsa or putting those mini chocolate chips on my yogurt.

5. I get reallllly emotionally invested in things. I can't describe the feeling of what The OC, or Laguna Beach, or the first few seasons of The Vampire Diaries does to me and how it makes me feel. It's brings me back, all the memories and music, and it's something that I really love (and miss!) about those years of my life.

6. Pickles are my jam. Just not the ones with the little sprout on the end. I will always take a bite of it to spit out and not eat. It weirds me out, that pickle stem.

7. Oreos are probably my very favorite cookie in the whole entire world.

8. I have uneven shoulders and uneven hips. One side is higher than the other, and it drives me nuts!

9. My favorite book series of all time is Harry Potter. My dad started reading it to me and my sister when I was in 5th grade (before anyone had even heard of it) and I took it and started reading it on my own, so I have a sentimental attachment to all things Harry because I grew up with them. And I couldn't wait for the mailman to get to our house when the last book was released so I had to run to the Albertson's up the street and bought it there because I was so impatient! I can't tell you how many times I've read the entire series, because it exceeds the number of fingers and toes that I have. Don't judge.

10. My go to running song will forever be Untouched by The Veronicas. I used to have that song on repeat while training the summer after I graduated high school to prepare for college soccer, and then once again had it on repeat for the 5k we ran last year. It never gets old, and it has the best beat to run to!

11. This might be a little OCD, but I love when I see sprinklers in people's yards that haven't gone back in the ground, and I get to barely nudge them with my foot before they go back in the ground with a satisfying little "pop!"

12. I pop my knuckles. Except for my thumbs. I have to get a friend to help me out with that because I'm scared I'll break my finger off if I try.

13. I played soccer for about 17 years. I got my start after I watched The Big Green at a neighbors house when I was around 5 or 6 years old, and ended up playing competitively all the way up to the collegiate level.

14. I was in the band all through middle school and high school (playa little Clarinet, you see?) and I loved it. And the trips that also allowed me to go on (NYC 06 anyone?). And I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss it. The performing arts program at my high school won multiple Grammys while I was there. #humblebrag

15. I am Team Vanilla all the way. Vanilla ice cream, yogurt, cake, coffee, vanilla candles (especially with pumpkin marshmallow) please and thank you! I really want a blonde brownie right now...hmph. 

16. I do this weird thing with everyone I know where I dub my own nickname for them inside my head. So whenever I think of that person, I always think of them as their nickname I made up. It's not creepy at all, I promise!

17. Half of my tongue and my lower right jaw are permanently numb from when I got my wisdom teeth out my senior year of high school. The nerves were damaged and I had a bad lisp for a while, which explains why today whenever I get over excited or try to talk fast I either build up a bunch of spit or I fumble over the words. 

18. My favorite candy of all time is Reisens. The chewiest and stickiest of them all!

19. I have a weird fascination with all things space. And stars. Omg I love stars. I almost even majored in Astronomy!

20.  I've had and used the same curling iron and Chi straightener since high school, even though all of my friends Chis were broken and expected the same, mine has persevered through early morning band practice to soccer practices to traveling here and there and everywhere and finally to a quiet life at home :) 

21. My favorite part of the day is right before the sun goes down and the sunlight casts everything in a golden glow where you can't see any other colors. 

22. There is no better feeling than freshly shaved legs under freshly laundered sheets. 

23. I am one of those people who make it a challenge to grab ALL of the grocery bags at once so I don't have to make a return trip out to the car. Also applies to big loads of laundry, even if I am hunched over in a big bear hug full of laundry fast walking to the bedroom. I'm a pro.

24. I'm a super fast reader, which is why I can read multiple book series over and over and over again...(see #9)

25. I'm very particular when it comes to how I sleep. I like everything to be just so. I need 3 pillows. I hate when the covers are all mixed up and not straight. I don't like cracks in the curtains, but I've gotten better about that. 

26. Along with my numb tongue, my right knee and inside of my lower right leg are permanently numb as well, thanks to soccer! Too many people kicking me in one place and freshman year of college I popped my bursa sack in my knee and had to get it drained. It was bright orange. You're welcome for the visual.

27. Turning 27 is the first birthday that I've actually been a little upset about. And sad that I'm getting older. Like not-just-another-year-older-in-my-early-twenties-older. But it's okay! I'm alive and well and ready to face this new year of me. 

                              21 

                             23

                             26



Bring it on, 27! You have some good ones to top!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo