Skip to main content

Ramblings and Grumblings of a Bride to Be!

Thoughts leading up to the big day:

Monday, April 6- Alright, wedding week! Dang we did a lot this past weekend. What else do we have to do this week (let's make a list! I love lists)? When do I need to shave my legs again? 

Tuesday, April 7- I don't really feel stressed at all-I'm getting things done in my own time and not stressing, so whyyyy is my skin all of a sudden breaking out? I haven't changed anything about what I'm eating or drinking or activity levels. Meh. I also feel a little sad because time has gone by so fast that I truly am no longer a kid or fresh out of school. This is adult real life and I'm making adult real life decisions. Just kinda sad that my youth really is over. Not that I'm not excited for the future. Guess it's all those old pictures my mom has been going through from my childhood that makes me feel this way. But I sure was cute, right?! 

 (In honor of this past Easter weekend. Clearly didn't feel the need to put on an Easter Dress so I rocket Belle and the Beast)

(Hiyaaaa)

(The epitome of mine and Mallory's relationship growing up. The annoying little sister as always <3)

Wednesday, April 8- Today is my Friday! Woo hoo! Crap, what else do I need to do before the actual Friday? Okay like 5 people are texting me at once about wedding stuff. Where is my list. Ok, I'm on schedule, sorta. Why is my skin still being weird. and WHY oh why is it going to be 90% chance of rain on Saturday. Last week it was sunny! 

Things to do:
Get my Dress (uhhhh)
Finish packing for the honeymoon (I need a bigger suitcase haaaaa)
Do we still have to get little travel sized containers? (yes)
Is my passport expired (nope)
Eat our groceries in the fridge so they don't go bad while we are gone (yum)
Get Married (but not until Saturday)

I think I'm okay? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo