Skip to main content

2009-Present

Holy Moly we are in April! Is it too early to start physically packing for the Honeymoon yet? (I mean it's already all in my head-sorta). 

I thought it would be neat take a stroll down memory lane and share some moments leading up to THE moment :)



This was the night that I met Robert (January 2009). I was trying to do the "Bird Walk" in this picture that someone *luckily* snapped, and it wasn't until after I got home from this party that I was outside on my balcony which is where the whole thing started. Thank goodness for Ihop taquitos (which really came from Whataburger). 


First official picture together, May 2009. We were at a friend's sister's graduation party in Mesquite, and I definitely did not realize what I was getting into. Going into this party we were "dating," but later that night after we had gotten home back at his Gateway apartment, Robert told me that we should be boyfriend and girlfriend, and I agreed. Not sure if he actually asked me or if it was just "okay lets do this-you in or what?" type of thing. The summer of 2009 was mostly spent at the Gateway pool (after I finished my morning conditioning workouts for soccer), or at The Harbor in Rockwall on Thursday nights, listening to live music and enjoying the sunset. Robert was working at Target, and I started my job at Puma. 


That fall (my junior year in college) we were up super early for Bid Day (I think that's what it's called) for his fraternity. I, not being one to have experienced any type of Greek Life thing, was not sure where my place was. I remember we had to get up early (which I was not happy about, hence my hair not being done), and everyone started drinking for breakfast. We walked to several places and ended up outside the Union by the Gazebo on campus, and my sunglasses were so huge (and broken!). I liked the reflection they gave, but yea, way too big. Ha. 


My 21st Birthday! Which was smack dab in the middle of soccer season. We went to Joe's Crab Shack with my family, and Robert ordered a Ceasar Salad because he didn't like sea food yet. I did not go out that night, as the next day was Terrible Tuesday aka conditioning day at soccer practice, so the responsible young person I was did not make it any worse than it had to be. I remember the running drills we did, and how I almost felt like puking even though I wasn't even hung over one bit. Crazy how things stick, right? 


My first time at the State Fair about a week after my 21st! And when Robert still wore those silly contacts on his eyes that changed the color of his real eyes. I remember one time we were standing in line to the Titan at Six Flags and some girls were talking in Spanish about his eyes-little did they know this color is not real life haha. 


I'm pretty sure this was my last college soccer game. The team was traveling the next week, and I wasn't going, so this was the last home game my parents and Robert got to see. Pretty sure I was freezing, and I do miss those jackets we had. By this time in my soccer "career" I didn't give a crap. I was on my way out. And I regret that Robert didn't really get to see me in my "prime" when I loved playing and cared about the sport so much. It wasn't fair to my teammates that I was feeling this way, but it is what it is now. My parents like to tell stories of the good ol days still! 

I had just cut my hair off in this picture, so this was January 2010. We went to R-Bar of all places this night *insert laughing until your crying emoji smiley face* RIP R-Bar haha


Mallory's high school graduation party! So this was May/June 2010? We had been together just over a year already, and my job at Puma allowed to me supply Robert with a week's worth of Puma t-shirts to go through. 


Second year at the Texas State Fair 2010. I had just cut my hair off even shorter annnnd had dyed it a darker color. I made the mistake and used a box the second time around and it came out brown. Robert still has his coo coo contacts in. The holes of the contacts of the pupils used to not be centered so it always looked like he was looking at me sideways haha!  


I graduated! August 2011. I couldn't find the original picture, so this blurry instagrammed one will have to do. Robert looked so cute that day, even though my hair was all sorts of jacked since it was raining the entire morning and it was humid outside. I also had an awesome ceremony story, but lets just keep it at "I stayed out too late the night before and maybe drank too much" 


Our first tailgate at the new Apogee Stadium 2011. I had just gotten my Lasik surgery the day before this, so underneath those awesome Ray Bans is scary scary Danielle with no makeup on. I had plenty of drops for my eyes, and had a blast! I don't remember if UNT won, but it was really cool to see how packed the new stadium was that night for the game. Go Mean Green! 


Followed closely by our Third Year in a row for State Fair Opening Day 2011! My purse was so heavy because I packed snacks to eat. Which I ate, of course. And I went bungee jumping! I think I was trying to grow my hair back out, but I ended up cutting it again after I started my first "real world" job.


June 2012. My family was visiting us and my cousin Sarah got to join us for the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert at Cowboy Stadium. We had great end zone seats, so no one was in our way for the view of the stage. It was one of the best concerts I've been too! 


I'm not sure what happened to our Fair picture from 2012, but here is 2013. Gosh I can't believe time has been flying that fast. New apartments, new jobs-it was all just a blur. And we got so many compliments on our "Big Tex Needs a Beer" t-shirts, because let's be honest-when you get burned down you probably need a beer to cope with that! 


New Years 2013. We went out in Uptown Dallas, and it was freezing, crowded, and tiring. The next day UNT played at the Cottonbowl, so we got to go watch them, tired and hungover from the night before. Oh what I didn't know was coming in just under a month away! ;)


Our first day in New York City we traded photo ops with another fellow tourist couple in Times Square. This trip was probably the coldest I've ever experienced, and it was a week away from the Super Bowl and in between ice storms. We ate Wendy's for dinner because we were too hungry to go anywhere else, and spur of the moment we got tickets to see a Rangers game at Madison Square Garden, where they serve beer in a cup with a straw and lid. Very intriguing. 


Fair Day 2014. Already? Big Tex STILL needs that beer-his makeover wasn't up to par. Opening Day is getting more and more crowded as the years go by. People are catching on! Boo. 


Tailgating again at Apogee 2014! This time we are pros to how it goes. It really sucks because I'm out there so early, and it gets warm fast. It used to get SO hot when we were across the street at Fout's field on all the concrete. Maybe because I sweat so much so easily, but I don't even understand how girls look super cute for tailgates and Rangers Game's and all things summer when I'm over here sweating like a pig and with nappy humid hair. What's a girl to do?! Wahh. 


I have been fortunate enough to have been able to travel all my life, so going new places is nothing new to me. I was happy that Robert not only was cool with going to NYC almost a year earlier, but also got to go with us to Baltimore and Washington DC to see some sites. You see how it is on TV and in movies, but it really is something else to be able to see these things in person. 

There are plenty more memories from the lake, deer lease, tailgating, and so on and so on from the past 6 years (wow, 6 years?!). I am very lucky that I have someone to go through life beside me and to make all these memories with. So so lucky. 


And an extra, from one year at the deer lease. Just because I think it's cute. And there is Platinum Patron.

Woo Hoo April!

ps. T-Minus 10 Days. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo