Skip to main content

Fiesta! Fiesta! Fiesta!

Viva Fiesta! Viva San Antonio! Viva la Alamo! This past weekend we spent a (short) day squeezing in all of our normal Fiesta activities since Robert and I thought last minute that it would just be too weird if we had missed out on our annual Fiesta trip that we've gone on the past 5 years. So we road tripped it out on Friday afternoon (BIG mistake) and finally made the 4 hour journey in about 6 hours-thank you Dallas traffic and thank you 18-wheeler for hanging off the bridge in Hillsboro; I just love being stuck in your traffic for an hour and a half while we watched a thunderstorm rapidly approach going 0mph on the highway. Goodness gracious. But we made it! And Jessica was there, amongst her peeps for the first time ;) 

Saturday started out pretty slow. I had all of these expectations for Jessica to see and we get to the Market Square and it's pretty empty. THEN we tried to hit up our annual photo booth spot and they were closed. So we went on a walk and ended up down by the Alamo so she could see it, just to see a super long line to get in (really, usually we just walk in like we own the place because no one wants to go inside!). By the time we got back to the Market Square for lunch at Mi Tiera (with pina colada in hand courtesy the spot at the Church), they were playing ROCK music on stage. What the what? Even the restaurant had country music playing inside. Not sure what was going on. After a satisfying appetizer meal and beerita, it was time to frolic amongst the locals. We went here, we went there, we got hot, we got crowded, we got thirsty, we got bored, we got achy feet, and then we got drunk! Part of the fun of Fiesta is that you really don't know where you're going to end up or who you're going to see, and we dabbled in a little bit of everything. 

'Til next time, SA! 












1. Yeesh, that looked so bad! 2. Alamo! 3. They just can't help but dance on the spot! 4. Afternoon Church sun. 5. We tore that uppppp 6. Oh being silly newlyweds 7. We try to take selfies 8. Got my sombrero and ready to go...right in front of the Po Po. 9. Matchy matchy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo