Skip to main content

Honeymoon Part 2


Wow, if I thought life went by fast before, it's nothing compared to post-wedding/honeymoon life! It's already been almost 2 weeks since the big day, and almost a full week since we've returned from paradise. I'm definitely experiencing post-honeymoon blues, and I am more sad that I thought I would be now that the wedding stress/planning/picking/talking/arguing/doing is all done. During our time in the Bahamas time seemed to go by slow and we got to stop and take a deep breath and just enjoy being away, and now that we are back it's full steam ahead again like nothing ever happened. It also probably doesn't help that I changed my background on my work computers to our view of the beach, but hey-I gotta find peace somehow!

Alas, also with a big sigh, I will continue to day dream about Miami Vice's, warm sun, and tan lines. 

Am I right, or am I right?

We woke up on Wednesday and hit the gym like we had done the previous days. With a view like we had from the 7th story of the building, it made working out just a liiiitle bit more bearable. And it would have been weird if we weren't working out, just because I hate feeling lazy and working up a sweat in the morning helps jump start your day! We hit up our go-to breakfast buffet joint and once again enjoyed a nice meal out on the patio in front of one of the pools. Then we headed out to the beach-duh! Pretty much should have just packed a bathing suit and a cover up, because that's what I was in the majority of the time. We spent a couple of hours at the beach, and then figured out there was a "party" pool with music and way more people than the other pool, so we took ourselves over there to get even more sun, and just so happened to find 2 lonesome chairs all empty and calling our names! Coincidentally, we were sitting on the far side of the pool which was over closer to the part of the beach where they had all of the water sports-kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding, scuba diving, and so on. And I had been telling Robert all trip that I wanted to do paddle boarding. So after some convincing of the husband (YOLO!), we headed that way and got a 10 second lesson (really all you do is stand up and paddle), and they released us! And it was great! I got up with no trouble, and was paddling around like a pro. The wind was blowing along the coast in a way that before you knew it, you were wayyyyy out there from shore. In clear water, with rocks at the bottom. After having a short Jaws flash, I looked up and found Robert wasn't catching on so quick, and after a few choice words, he precisely jumped in the water and proceeded to swim his way back to shore (the paddle boards were connected to us with an ankle strap and we had life jackets on). I was enjoying myself too much to be put off by his perfectionist attitude, but we finally made it back to land safe and sound-with no shark sightings what so ever (wouldn't that have been something?!). We didn't get any pictures because they wouldn't hold your stuff if you had a phone or camera, so ours were back in the room during this adventure. That night we were planning on dressing up and going to The Crystal Room to be all fancy, and we walked in and....they were closed. Barely lit, and a darkened bar. We had even spoken with someone at the hotel twice that same day regarding this restaurant, and no mention that it was being closed for the night! So while we were all dressed up and no where to go, one of the waiters took pity on us and precisely said "follow me, do you like steak and lobster?" to which I immediately said yes, and lets just say that we got to experience something that, ummm, only returning Sandals guests got to experience and I'll leave it at that. We did meet some interesting folk, including some fellow hockey fans from Ottawa, and had a great 4 course meal. 


Life is but a dream...

Had to leave the seagulls some nachos to chow on

We were hit with this lovely view every single time we walked out of the building

Since there wasn't much going on afterwards, we ended up in a small piano bar type of area, where the cute little Bahamian pianist had a booklet with all the lyrics (for the drunks) who didn't know the words to the songs. He even had a guest pianist (aka fellow co-worker) come and play a song for us, and he played the same song that I walked down the aisle too-so I had to nab a quick video. He was really talented, and no one else really reacted to the song, so they probably didn't know what it was compared to me. After that was done we headed to Cricketer's Pub to snag some wings to go and we took ourselves back to the hotel room to catch the first night of the hockey playoffs. It was such a nice night-a little cool but not too uncomfortable, so we spent it out on the balcony and watched through the mirror in our room-ha! Our one man piano performer was back on the beach, so we got to hear some of his songs again. 

Dedicated through and through!

Bright lights and beachy hair

The next day (Thursday) we really didn't even do much, and it seemed to go by the fastest! We had settled into a nice little routine: wake up on our own around 9 or so, hit the gym, then head to Spice's for breakfast, and then onward to the beach until lunch. It was during this time that Robert ran into the couple from Flower Mound that we had seen a few days ago, and they came to the beach and we spent all day hanging out-which was a lot of fun for not doing much at all ;). We got to witness a wedding taking place right on the dock next to us, so we decided to stay out of their way and headed over to try paddle boarding again. This time was much more successful for Robert, and we all had a blast! It's so peaceful being up above the water and being able to see down below, until you get distracted by an overhead plane and loose your balance and fall, more than once. Which didn't happen to me, but it was funny each time it happened. Since we hadn't had lunch, we decided to try and eat outside at the Cricketer's Pub at 5 pm when they opened for dinner, and they had the best leek soup that I've ever had! I wanted a whole gallon of it, but I resisted since we were trying for the Crystal Room again that night. We finally got in the pool for the first time all trip, and ran into the Argyle couple again and sat and chatted for a bit. After a successful day of beaching, we got ready and finally got to see The Crystal Room and have our fancy shmancy meal on our last night. We were supposed to be up and checking out the next day at 4:30am, so it was definitely bittersweet. The next morning came dark and early, and we were probably the only people up at that point. They didn't even have anyone up at the desk, so it was pretty much ghost town resort until our taxi ride got there. 

We really WERE there!

Devon, Caity, Me, and Robert...Robert is not allowed to be in the sun anymore!

The Crystal Room

Man, if I could go back for these sunsets.

Overall the trip was amazing, and I totally recommend (honeymoon or not) to try and experience something like this at least once. We did the all inclusive thing-which was so easy. Nassau is a great city, and everyone that we ran into was so so nice. Robert even made buddy buddy with the owner of the liquor store outside the resort, and is now trying to find the Bahamian beer he had been drinking all trip here back at home. It was kinda nice not having access to anything technology related, even though we did face time our families a couple of times just to let them know we were still alive. I am sad this portion of our experience is over, but so so grateful for the opportunity to go, and we are already looking forward to the next one! 

This weekend we are hitting up Fiesta (it's tradition!), and then in a short month we will be back in New York to see my sister graduate. I love this life <3 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo