Skip to main content

Recipes to try!

This past week I went out on a limb and tried not one, not two, but THREE pretty easy, fast cooking Pinterest recipes. And they did not disappoint. I've been on a lettuce wrap kick for the past couple of weeks, and have been looking for new ways and fillings to eat them with, and one night I just threw in some buffalo sauce to my browned turkey meat, and so started said lettuce wrap obsession. I then remembered that I had probably pinned a few recipes about this, and I was right. I didn't take any pictures of what mine looked like, but you can find the original recipe here. Instead of using baby potatoes for this recipe, I cooked some of this asparagus  to go with the buffalo lettuce wraps and it was so yummy. Woo hoo! 

Their pictures are way nicer than I could have captured on my little baby iPhone 5, so check out the links to see such pretty food artwork! 

Meal #1: Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Stove Top Steamed Asparagus

I left out the chopped celery, because the celery I had was old and brown (awesome!), but I did make this once with the celery before I even ever found a recipe and it was fine either way. I also cooked it a little differently for time purposes (...I was hungry...), so I didn't half way cook this and then cook the rest in the oven, I just let it sit for a little bit on the stove until the cheese melted and it sort of thickened up. 



Meal #2: Zesty Lime, Shrimp, Tomato, and Avocado Salad with Seasoned Baby Potatoes

Here's where I brought in the seasoned baby potatoes from the recipe with the buffalo wraps, but we had them on Friday night with this avocado salad, which did not disappoint either! There really are several ways that you could customize this salad, and I left out the jalapeño by accident and it still tasted just fine. This was my favorite that I tried. I love me some cilantro, which some people may not want to touch, ever. Its part of the reason that Fuzzy's Grilled Shrimp Tacos are one of my FAVES! And with Robert going through Lent right now, it was the perfect recipe for his non meat eating Fridays. I also used pre-cooked little baby tail-less shrimp, and just stuck them in a pot of boiling water to heat up for a few minutes. I would also adjust the amount of lime juice used. I squeezed and squeezed 2 whole limes like the recipe called for, and probably could have just left it at one. 


I guess technically I tried 4 new recipes, if you include the baby potatoes from the buffalo chicken wrap recipe. Easy enough, and definitely yummy. It felt great not to be weighed down by heavy dinner food, especially after a workout. 

Bon Appetite! 

Oh! And a snack bonus-right now I'm obsessed with a sliced apple dipped in peanut butter, with a few chocolate chips for some crunch. Mmm, Mmm, Good! 


Comments

  1. That buffalo chicken lettuce wrap is mouth watering! My husband and I love this buffalo chicken taco at our local taco place and your lettuce wrap looks like the perfect healthy alternative. I must try it out. Ill let you know how it goes :)

    --Sam

    http://www.BesosFromAmerica.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo