Skip to main content

Thoughts 2 weeks out

In a couple of short weeks, I will be experiencing one of the greatest days of my life thus far. In some ways I have been beyond ready for this for so long, and I can't believe it's finally here! And in some other ways, I really can't believe that this is my life right now. I mean-wasn't I just starting high school with early morning band and soccer practices and spending most of my weekends traveling to my soccer games or sleeping in until 11am? 

I hit a wave of nostalgia a couple weeks ago when I saw that my fave Dashboard Confessional was going back on tour (for the record, I was never an "emo" kid-I merely just loved the style of the acoustics and would seriously play those CDs over and over and over again in my CD player as I was dressed in my American Eagle polo and Hollister jeans) and was overjoyed until I saw that they were playing here over July 4 weekend-which I will be at the lake more than likely. Hmph. That then inspired me to dig up all of the old music that I was into during high school, which led to putting some Lifehouse Pandora on, and bam-I had a moment or a memory for every song that came on (some good jams too-thank you Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Secondhand Serenade) and it really just got me thinking about my life and where I've been and where I'm going. I'm not going to get too sentimental here, but it really is sort of bittersweet to think of the people who I always thought WOULD be still around in my life with this day approaching, and then also extremely grateful for those who still ARE around, and have been for the longest. 

I am extremely excited for April 11. I'm curious to how I will be feeling the day of. I'm okay with words and people talking or giving speeches, but the music is where it will emotionally hit I feel. I heard the song that I am going to be walking down the aisle to on the radio this morning and I started tearing up. Oh geeze. I can't wait to try the cake that we so deliciously tried a long time ago and to see how the design plays out. I'm anxious to see just how beautiful the centerpieces will be with the water and the candles and the twinkling Christmas lights that are strung atop the ballroom. I am more excited to see my handsome groom in his black suit, which is one of my favorite colors for him to wear, even though he doesn't ever wear it. I am not worried about the weather-whatever happens happens. I am slightly worried with how I will be able to move around in my dress. I am anxious to have hair and makeup done in time for me to show up when I need to at the venue. I am extremely excited to go to the Bahamas shortly after, and even more excited to be in the sun and drink and eat what ever my heart's desire is and just, you know, be married. 

So here we go! 14 days till lift off. And I can't wait!! <3 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo