Skip to main content

Bikram Yoga: What the What?

So I had the opportunity to try some Bikram Yoga last night courtesy of Jessica...you know...the yoga that is in a boiling hot room for 90 minutes? If I can play a 90 minute soccer game in the dead heat of the summer (which was done many a time!), then I can do this-right? I'm always up for trying something new, and since I have been doing Piyo classes pretty regularly, I felt like this was a cool next step to try out. Plus, it's something I've always been curious in doing, but just never had someone to do it with or the opportunity to go to. She had asked myself and friend Brittany to try, and we did! So thank you Jess-it was....fun? Intriguing? Crazy? Ha! 

I'm not going to lie-I was more worried about doing the actual yoga poses and not looking like an idiot in front of all these pros because 1) I'm not that flexible and 2) I'm still not that flexible. But it wasn't bad! And I felt like I could hold my own! I'm definitely not the best yoga pose person out there, but I tried my best. The heat was just an added bonus. By the end, I was swimming in my own sweat, and my towels were heavy from all the sweating we were doing. I can definitely see how people can enjoy it though. It's a time away from the business of the world and just can focus on you and yourself and breathing and just be relaxed. (even though I was constantly wondering what time it was and how much we had left-#newbieproblems)

By the last 15 minutes of class, I was feeling extremely light headed. And we weren't doing anything that strenuous, but all of a sudden it just hit me and I couldn't get the feeling to go away. The goal was to stay in the room for the full 90 minutes, and we did just that. High fives for Brittany and Danielle! Woo. But it was definitely a relief to get out and breath some fresh cool air. I felt like I had climbed out of a swimming pool, and I was completely famished and so so SO hungry after all this. 

Then, with great timing, the fiance called riiiight as I was getting home and asked if I wanted Subway. Annnnnnd I've never been so excited for anything in my whole entire life! Fiance for the win! 

*By the way-no pictures were taken because really, who wants to see us look like wet dogs, but I am so proud of myself and other newbie Brittany for doing it and finishing it, and more importantly, surviving it ;) Shout out to the drunks I saw leaving the Drunken Donkey next door, not sure if they could see in the studio, but I was humored by a girl needing 2 other girls to help her walk to the car. Ohhh St. Paddy's Day! 

All in all, if you're interested in trying something new and out of the box-try this! Or try something new in general. Life's too short and sometimes needs a little spice, or my case, heat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo