Skip to main content

The Real World: Adult Edition

As I was driving to work today I couldn't help but feel grateful for the job opportunities that I have had. They allow me to live comfortably and I've met some great people along the way. I also get to see a glorious sunrise every morning driving out of my neighborhood, and drive alongside the sun rising on my way in, and it's always just a moment to sit and appreciate the beauty of the world rising for the day. And then I slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the person in front of me who is going 10 mph less than everyone else on the highway. Welcome to the real world! 





I've definitely learned my fair share of lessons after being an "adult" for the last few years. And it's never too late to start habits that turn into successes or just live by some good old fashioned "good to knows" liiiiike:

-Having Good Credit. I was fortunate enough in my first job out of college to see the importance and opportunities that having good credit does for you (a mortgage refinancing and home buying must!). Having good credit opens more doors than not. And you don't have to be a big spender to get good credit. Just be on top of things and make smaller payments every week instead of waiting for the credit card bill helps your overall balance not seem as high, which is what a credit report looks at. 

-Traffic. Know that not all people know how to drive. At least they don't in my area ;) Leave 10 minutes early if possible (but it's sooo hard to get up when I'm all warm and cozy!). Traffic is especially bad on days after a holiday. For realz-avoid if possible. Fridays are easy breezy (knock on wood). Knowing what to do and which ways to go on certain days will help with your overall stress level-which is a must. 

-You're going to lose some friends. And also gain some new ones. It's not the end of the world-life happens and gets in the way and those who remain constant are the ones to keep (obvi). It's a sad dose of reality and happens to everyone. RIP old BFFs.   

-Pick your battles. Whether it be with your significant other, roommate, parent, sibling, pet? (lol), etc. Life is too short to be worried about the nit picky things, and really, no one wants to be with Debbie Downer or Party Pooper because something doesn't go right. Just go with it and live a little. Or hold in that smart-ass remark/I told you so/comeback/witty response for something that actually deserves one. 


-And in light of recent events, Snow Days do NOT mean the same thing when you're a working adult. Sadly the show must go on, even if it's been non-stop snow for the past 6 hours (which is already unheard of in Texas!). 

Overall being an adult is being an adult. And time goes by SUPER fast now, faster than I ever remember. So just have to remember to stop and take a deep breath once in a while and do not wish the day away, as you'll never get this time back. 

Now, go live!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo