Skip to main content

Looking back at 2014

So long Christmas! I'm FINALLY back home after a long and wild trip to Mississippi to see both sides of my family. It's always chaotic and people everywhere so it was really great to see everyone again. Now that I've eaten my weight in green bean casserole and red velvet brownie cake, it's time to focus on wrapping this year up! I really can't believe that this year has already come and went. 2014 has been a great year, but also a tough year for me personally. Lots of growing pains that's for sure. I hate that now I've grown up time just really flies, and I don't have any kids or pets of my own to account for that. It really just doesn't seem fair how life does that >:I this time next year my life will be completely different, so it's nice to be able to look back at what I've gone through to get to where I am now: 


January
Robert popped the question! In New York City. Then saw my sister shortly after. And after that, had 10th row Luke Bryan seats at Madison Square Garden. Way to start the year off with a bang....how does one live up to that?! 



February 
We set a date for our wedding! April 11, 2015

March
What happened in March? 

April
The Dallas Stars made the playoffs for the first time in forever! We went to all 3 home games, which was a blast. Hopefully that momentum keeps pushing our program forward. Also got to go to our annual trip to Fiesta in San Antonio with some great friends/family. 






May
We did out engagement pictures with Lisa Cavet of LG Photos. Lots of great shots = hard to choose just a few. 



June
I played soccer again for the first time in over 4 years. Mallory also got to play with me for the first time in over 7 years! I was SO sore, but it was also a lot of fun; takes me back to when I actually had fun and enjoyed playing. Also, the World Cup was on, and USA made it past the first round, which is a huge step for USA Men's soccer! And as always, loved the lake time. 






July
Sissy's home for a bit, so we got to enjoy some Aaron Watson at Billy Bob's. Robert and I also had another river trip with some great friends!





August
My little Kiefy Baby turned 6 on August 12! I remember the exact first moment that I met him and he ran right into my arms. I'm so glad that things turned out the way that they did, because he is perfect for me and my family! 


 




September
We bought our first home. Ran our first 5k. Both turned a year older. Luke Bryan..again!



October 
One of my oldest and best friends got married! I've known Devon since Mrs. Smith's 2nd grade class at Garden Ridge Elementary, and it was so great to see her get married and be apart of her big day at Thistle Springs Ranch in Cleburne. I am stoked and honored to have her be apart of my day as well! October also marked a year for our Chicago trip. I really love that city! And my friends :) 



 We clearly had a blast blast <3
The photos turned out so beautiful! ViaTru Identity Photos



November
November 23, 2014 marks 1 year that Gran has been gone. It was Robert and I's 4 1/2 year anniversary, and we were at the UNT football game. It's still really hard to comprehend that this happened. The sweetest, yet most stubborn and strong woman! She was the very first person that I thought of when Robert was proposing to me in Central Park, so it's safe to say that she's always on my mind, forever in my heart. November 25, 2014 also marks when we had to put our sweet grumpy Shelber Welber down as well at the ripe old age of 18. I remember the very first night we had him and I wanted to sleep with him in his bed. Almost fitting since Shelby was always Gran's little buddy when she came to town. November ALSO marks 1 year that I left my first "big girl" job and started at Stryker. It really is the greatest, and I'm very thankful.



December
Army! Family! Christmas! Engagements! Shenanigans!

We went to Baltimore for the Army/Navy Game since it was my sister's last year at USMA, and we also got to spend a day seeing Washington DC. Super windy and cold, but really cool to see in person. 


 The Army Apache Helicopters flying over the stadium in Baltimore
 Standing on top of the Lincoln Memorial with Washington Monument in the background
Good times at Mick O'Shea's, which is Irish, not Scottish even though there were kilted men.


Made a trip out to the deer lease in holiday style:


We also spent Christmas Eve at Robert's Grandparents' house in Forney, and aren't they just the cutest? Caught them holding hands during the gifts :)


And a Christmas #selfie...just because 


Overall, I have a pretty blessed, lucky, fortunate, and great life. I am so thankful for everyone that has been a part of it this year, and I'm looking forward to the years to come! Remember, the best days haven't even happened yet and to live each day to fullest! Happy New Years Eve Eve to Everyone! 

Love Love <3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo