Skip to main content

Cray Cray for Christmas

It's the most wonderful time...of the year! It really is. I'm all cozied up with some hot cocoa and Michael Buble Holiday on Pandora, and ALL of these songs just bring me back to growing up and what Christmas means to me (ha that song is on right now-see what I did there?) It's a feeling I can't explain and probably makes me a little coo coo but I just love it. Makes me feel really young but also sad that I'm not a kid anymore and don't have any kids of my own yet to enjoy the feeling with and create traditions and memories with. I couldn't help myself:


I really want to pursue art prints and things like that. I LOVE to write stuff like this. Seriously, if anyone needs anything done-let me know! 

Touching back to the Christmas feeling, it kind of bums me out that more of our neighbors don't have lights on their houses. I feel like we have a substantial amount of children in our neighborhood, but that doesn't seem to make our neighbors more prone to putting lights out. Growing up, it was one of my favorite things to do/see and I still love driving around and seeing what others have for their ideas. Snoopy seems to be pretty popular in our neighborhood for some reason (I think I've counted 3). We have a mix of lights on our house, but really we have no sense of direction when it comes to a theme we want to do (white lights on the roof and colored on bushes with a colored Christmas tree in the front window). It doesn't mix just right for my liking but it's a learning year for everything. The local firehouse close by has a huge set up that we saw driving by the other day, so next time I'm gonna have to stop and record it because it looked awesome! I had seen them getting that ready for a few weeks now so it's cool to see what it turned into.  

We finally have enough of Christmas decor in our house where I can just sit and be cozy and enjoy everything (plus Mr. Handy Man Fiance has been mounting all of our TVs so everything looks sleek and clean). Our tree still doesn't have a topper and is only half decorated (I mean no one sees the backside of it-right?), but also this has been a big year for us and with a wedding coming up, it's hard not to go cray cray for Christmas stuff! 50% off at Hobby Lobby doesn't help either. But we got a tree skirt! So our presents have something to lay on and look pretty. Snoopy is there too, see?:


I mean, it's a start :)

I think my parents finally put up their lights that they always do, so I'm excited to see the finished product again. 


If you look closely, you can see the 4th deer hanging out with the trio, courtesy my Dad the Hunter having a good eye. I named it Kiefer. 

I've already watched the Santa Clause once, and have it recorded along with Elf, and watched the Grinch the other day too, but it's just the beginning! I wish it was a little colder outside (did I really just say that?), to give the whole world of DFW the feeling of it being close to the holidays, instead of extreme fog and muggy 65 degree weather. I mean it does give a great picture opportunity, right? But other than that, go away! 

My dress should be completed soon-I was supposed to go this week to try it on after all the alternations were done on it, but this week is hectic with us going out of town this weekend and prepping for that. Probably won't get to it for another couple of weeks, but by then both my mom and my sister will be home on break so we can all go and ch ch check it out. I should probably get on looking at how to make my invitations too and get that started, oh boy. I feel like October and November just FLEW by and it's already almost New Years, and then we are officially into THE wedding year. 

Where does time go, seriously? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo