Skip to main content

December Bucket List

Happy December (but really, it's already December?!!)! I ALWAYS have this list of things to do inside my head that make this season so stereo-typically perfect, but always don't get around to doing anything and then bam, it's over and gone just like that. I'm really trying to live each day to the fullest and do these types of things, because in light of recent events, life truly is so short and can be gone just like that, and I would prefer to have these memories and feelings of joy and love to have. Cheesy-right? That warm fuzzy feeling that you always get when you see the perfect holiday commercial or movie is exactly what I'm going for, and who said we can't add even more happiness to an already happy life?! Life happens so quickly these days and sometimes we just need to stop and smell the...cold air and apple cider and peppermint and Christmas spirit instead of go, go, go. 

Without further ado, here is what I plan (and hopefully achieve) this holiday season to make me (and those around me) all warm and fuzzy inside.

1. Decorate our new house! I have a few things left over from our apartment, but definitely not enough to fill up over 1800 square feet. I always enjoyed decorating with my family as a tradition when I was growing up, and even though I don't quite have my own "family" just yet, it can still be fun, duh! We are supposed to inherit my parents' Christmas tree, so we will have a normal size tree instead of our little Charlie Brown (which coincidentally, is taking up refuge at my desk at work). It really is super hard to not just go CrAzYYYYyy with buying all of the wonderful Christmas lights, decorations, ornaments, stockings, ribbons, and bows, and lions and tigers and bears-oh my! We've already purchased some coolio color changing lights from Target, courtesy of their 40% off sale on Saturday to go on the outside. I just have to keep remembering that over the years I will be hoarding all sorts of Christmas stuff so I shouldn't buy the whole store right now. 


Daww, our first home :)

2. Have people over to SEE our new house. We've been official grown up homeowners for a few months now, and still haven't had anyone outside of family and a couple of close friends to come and see it. I'll have the look of the Christmas spirit, but definitely want the feeling of having friends and great times also. Who's down for a house party?! 

3. See Christmas lights. Anywhere. It's hard to describe when I see a nicely decorated house and the lights glowing against the dark. I'm definitely channeling the Home Alone neighborhood when I picture this. Sigh. 

4. Go see the Ice show at the Gaylord Texan. I went several years ago (pre-Robert) and it was so cool. I definitely want to make it a family event, so will definitely try and get my parents, Robert's family, and maybe my sister and her boyfriend involved if they are here. Nothing like being all cozied up in over-sized jackets, in an ice room at the Gaylord (which just walking in to is such a treat by itself). I pretty much wish I lived in a Hallmark/Pier1Imports/Gaylord Christmas card. Wouldn't that be a dream? 


Clearly I was having a blast!

5. Be the best gift giver this year. A friend at work was talking about this being her goal this year with her family, and I think it's a great attitude to have. As much fun as it is receiving gifts, knowing that you made someone's day/year is worth so much more. I like thoughtful gifts, and sure it may not be what I asked for or even knew about, but someone thought of ME, and spent money on ME, and went out of their way to give ME something, so it's a goal to have others feel that same way because I was thinking of THEM. 




There are other little bits and pieces that I always think of doing, but I think the list above is very achievable and a success to having the best December to top off a pretty great year. Isn't life so amazing? May your December and end of year be loving, merry, and bright! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo