Skip to main content

6 Months of Marriage

Wow-a full 6 months of marriage under our belts and it could not have gone any quicker! But at the same time April feels SO long ago. We got married in April? That was basically last year, right? I find myself continuing to ask myself when things occurred. So far it’s been good. Hard work-as with any relationship married or not-but could be wayyy worse. There’s a sense of “oh crap it’s really officially official now!” once it’s done, but for the most part things haven’t really been any different. I think we were smart to have already taken care of the biggie stuff (helloooo house!) beforehand, so we weren’t stressed about that or having to learn each other's, ahem, bad living habits, after it was too late. Stinky socks can be a deal breaker for some people! And with anything in life it's comes with learning lessons and knowing when to pick your battles, but at the end of the day this is the person I chose to do life with and I wouldn't change a thing! 
I mayyyy still need to get my license updated. I’ll go this week I promise! But I am to the point that when I type my “old” name it feels strange since I type my “new” one at work all the time. Now we get junk mail. It still feels a little “omg really” to me when I’m introduced as a WIFE. A wife?!! That’s my mom! Hahahha
We have our first summer under our belts. I haven’t lost my ring in the lake or pool yet-so that’s a plus. Knock on wood. Our first crop of Holidays are coming up, which are always exciting. My mom beat me to the punch the other day and said she was excited already for Thanksgiving. All I can think about is green bean casserole at Christmas! Hopefully we can work something out and visit all families for everything and also maybe start some new traditions of our own? Some Christmas morning Texas-shaped vanilla chocolate chip waffles DO sound pretty good to me! Thanks to our handy dandy Texas waffle maker. Yum. 
So our next 6 months should be a breeze with so many exciting things coming up! A 5K this weekend, a Halloween tailgate, family birthdays (November is busy!), the Holidays, a brand spanking New Years. Not to mention cooler weather so I can finally wear my new boots that the Hubby surprised me for my birthday!  
With as much can negativity in our world these days I feel it's more important than ever to be thankful and appreciative of every opportunity and chance to live this life and not take it for granted! Not everything in my world is always positive, but I chose to make decisions that can only make us better!


A few of our wild moments thus far include a return trip to NYC, lake days and 4th of Julys, a impromptu trip to the apartments that we first met, a wedding, north Texas tailgates, and of course our annual fair day. What's next!?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo