Skip to main content

October? October!


It’s fall fall fall! And more importantly, it’s October! Are you tired hearing about Fall and all things associated? Probably. Am I going to stop enjoying this time and exclaiming my exhilaration? Nope. #sorrynotsorry I so wish that Texas had actual fall seasons so we can enjoy the changes, but alas, 90 degrees will do I guess. For all y’all Northerners or East Coasters (I’m talking about you, sissy!), please PLEASE enjoy all of the pumpkin patches, leaves changing colors, hayrides, and crisp golden sunsets/sunrises for me. Since I don’t have any kids or pets to enjoy this time with, I can only remember how fun it was for me when I was growing up and the things I was looking forward to this time of year before you know, real life adult world happened. Everyone thinks it’s a cliché that Fall means pumpkin spice this and fuzzy boots that, but I think they just jelly because pumpkin spice smells GOOD! And fuzzy boots are warm. And Yoga pants are comfy. And hater’s gonna hate. This is my favorite time of year, and by golly you’re going to know about it-several times! ;)

My number 1 goal this year is to carve pumpkins for our house! I used to do this every year with my family, and haven’t been to the pumpkin patch since Kiefer was a wee little baby! I think we are going to try and hit up a Friday Night Lights game since we can basically walk to the high school. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to decorate outside, but if I do it will be minimal since Halloween this year falls on a Saturday, in which UNT will be playing that night so it should be a fun tailgate (hopefully with some costumes!). Which brings me to another point, iiiiii need a costume idea. I was a cat/soccer player last year. At one point I was a football player a couple of times. And a nerd! But that’s nothing new ;)





Sometimes it’s hard just to stop work, work, work, gym, run, gym, clean this, pack that, go here, etc. so I’m going to try extra hard this year to really soak up everything, because who knows where I will be (well, still right here obviously, but you know what I mean!).
My number 2 goal is to also watch Hocus Pocus at least once a week. Because that’s about all I have time for on top of RHOC, Teen Mom, and Party Down South (man am I an adult or what?). My favorite Halloween movie growing up is Under Wraps, which they played on the Disney channel and the mummy came back to life and wanted to find his true love, who is also a mummy, by midnight or Halloween? I forget the details but it’s always my fave (besides the obvious).




BOO! (I love Fall some more) And who wants to go to Autumn at the Arboretum with me?


Comments

  1. yay fall!! we have a reaaallyy pretty fall season toward the end of october here in nashville... but it feels like it barely lasts any time at all!! just gotta soak up whatever fall you get, huh!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo