Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Dessert: Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake!

As tradition holds in our household, I am usually the one who is responsible for the dessert, even if desserts and baking aren't my forte. Put me in the kitchen and your dinner will be amazing, but I'm not the best at when it comes to sweets, so I'm not sure how this tradition started? Luckily social media is filled with plenty of ideas these days, so it was a pleasant surprise to see a short and sweet video of said dessert and my decision was made! I present the "Easy" Chocolate Chip Brownie Cheesecake, via Tasty (side note-if you don't follow them on FB you should! They make super cool looking things-all at record time. No really, the video is sped up so it really is super fast cooking ;))! 

Behold iPhone quality photos:




Here's what you need:
-1 box of brownie mix (which usually requires and egg or two, water, and vegetable oil)
-1 cup of sugar
-16 ounces of cream cheese (I used low fat)
-8 ounces of whipped cream (sugar free cool whip!)
-1 cup chocolate chips
-Little bit of vanilla extract
-Strawberries for the top
-Spring Foam Pan for cooking/holding in the pie

First Step: 
-Mix the brownie mix as directed on the box
-Also spray spring foam pan with Pam 
-Pour brownie mix into pan and bake as directed






Step Dos:
-Mix 1 cup of sugar and 16 oz of cream cheese 
-Add tsp of vanilla and 8 oz of whipped cream
-Add 1 cup chocolate chips







Three:
-Cool brownie and pour cream cheese mix on top
-Decorate with sliced Strawberries 
-Refrigerate for at least 4 hours






Enjoy!

5 Thoughts for future attempts:
-I used a fudge based brownie and it was really chewy. Since it was refrigerated, the brownie was a bit tough to cut through and chew.
-Might want to defrost the frozen cool whip before using it as a spread. Learned that the hard way. 
-I could have just eaten the top cream part without any brownie, but that's just me.
-The more strawberries the better!
-The spring foam pan didn't really help the shape keep of the pie once I took it off, so maybe freeze it next time? 
-Don't mix brownie mix and cream cheese mixture right before Insanity class because you will feel sick from licking the mixer things, even if it was yummy at the time!



Ta da! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo