Skip to main content

May flowers bring June bugs?

Or should I say May....showers.....? And fortunately enough, I have only seen maybe one June bug so far, and it was back in May. Knock on wood. I'm still not used to this bright yellow thing in the sky that gives off heat. 2 months under constant cloud cover and rain/storms/tornadoes/more rain- it's like a whole new world outside! I can't believe it's already June! A summer month, even if it's not "technically" summer just yet. 4 years ago it meant no school for almost 3 whole months, full of days filled with sunshine and laying out by the pool with a good book and drink in hand. Siiiiigh.....

....And back to reality. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish on my Summer 2015 Bucket List:

-Get a tan. Since the wedding, I froze my skin cancer inducing tanning membership in hopes that the months following our Honeymoon would be filled with sunshine and bathing suits. Mother Nature just laughed at me when I thought of that.

-Get a snow cone! There used to be only one around while I was growing up, and now they are popping up everywhere, and now one is conveniently just around the corner from our neighborhood.

-Zip lining. Okay, I know I'm already going to be doing this in Austin later this month, but it's always been on my real life bucket list to try, and I'm excited I get to finally do it! 

-Eat at a lakeside restaurant. I'm thinking Angelina's or Stan's steak house since they are local. Has anyone tried out these places-how were they? 

-Organize. Now that the wedding is done, and we are done traveling for a while, I want to get to some Pinterest inspired home organizing ideas. Under my sink could defffffinitely use it. As well as our office. I also want to put up and start our photo collage on one of the walls in the living room since we got so many cute picture frames at our couple's shower. And maybe add a few in our bedroom as well. 

-Try new recipes. I've been doing this several times in the past 2 weeks (wow, and I a wife or what?!), and so far they've all been successes. Cajun Chicken Alfredo, Buffalo Chicken Salad (yummy with crackers, but I'm not a big fan of celery), Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, and a mix of our own Jambalaya made from a mix of Quinoa and brown rice are the ones I've done lately. I want to continue to eat new things, as well as keeping them as healthy as possible. Any body who knows me knows that I am an eater. And that I'm always hungry. So it's hard to still be "healthy" in that sense and also feel full. 

-Go to the water park! We live directly behind Hawaiian Falls, close enough to where we can hear the music being played on the weekends and I can smell the pool water when I run by (which blast from the past reminds me of my childhood and pools days at the YMCA), so definitely want to check it out, and it beats trying to get down to Wet n Wild Hurricane Harbor like everyone else does. 

-Ace my H-O-R-S-E game. When we moved into our new house, it came with a basketball hoop already built into the backyard, which has been collecting dust ever since. I finally remembered to buy a basketball the other day, but unfortunately, have not been successful in my shooting game, partly because we play after I'm done working out, and partly because I just don't have any arm strength. But hay (hey-for horses, get it? haaa), losing H-O-R-S-E to H-O-R-S isn't that bad, right? 

-Get a new cell phone? Okay, so this isn't exactly "bucket list" material, but it's still on the to-do list! I've had my 5 for over 2 1/2 years and feel kind of left out now that my mom made the jump from old school 3GS to a 6 for Mother's Day and now I'm the one in last place.

-S'mores! Even though they technically should be eaten with a fire, in which summer is not the ideal time for fire-but hey! It's a good combo and my mouth is already watering. 

-Dashboard Confessional. One of my all time favorite bands, sans the emo. I don't know why they became my favorite, but I spent all of one summer listening to them none stop (maybe summer of 2004?) and it just stuck with me. I'm either going to drive myself down to Austin, or up to Oklahoma City (by myself if I have to!) to see them, because we will be at the lake when they are in Dallas on July 4. Ahhh the timing! 

-See some movies. Still have not seen Pitch Perfect 2, or any of the other ones that came out this spring that I wanted to see but couldn't because we were so busy you know, getting married and stuff. 

-Spend as much time with my sissy! Since we will be home for almost 2 months before she goes off into the real world on the East Coast, I want to include her in as many things as possible before she leaves me. Wahh! 

I think it's definitely do-able, and I'm sure I will continue to think of more little things to set a goal to accomplish that are only "summer" specific. For now, my most important ones are getting a tan, while eating a snow cone, then walking to the water park, followed by eating a new recipe, all the while hanging with my sis. ;) Lessss go! 




 



A couple summer #throwbacks <3 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo