Skip to main content

Feelin' hot hot hot!

Whew. It sure has been a hot one. It's also been a quick minute since this has been updated. Whoops. #sorrynotsorry. The days have been long and the weeks short, and holy moly we are already almost to August. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but there are so many fun things to look forward to this fall! I really can't wait to bust out my boots again (and to not worry about whether or not my legs have been shaved ;)), football season, fair season, birthdays, holidays. It's my favorite time! 

I'm tying to soak up the last of this 100-degree weather, but it's not easy. It's physically draining just walking to and from the car. I ended up having a 100-degree fever last night, complete with chills and achy-ness just out of the blue. I feel somewhat fine today, but that was so random and with the heat, almost unbearable. I didn't feel like doing anything, and this heat just isn't what I thought it would be. And I used to play soccer gameS and have tryouts and practices and tournaments during the hottest parts of the day, and used to play in 105 degree weather no big deal. I just *love* growing older and realizing I can't do the same things I used to. 

Not too much has been going on lately. Got started on a few home projects that were on my bucket list. I started our wall collage with all of the awesome frames we got for wedding gifts, and I found something to go on our empty wall behind the couch. We also spent time in Home Depot (which I hate), and came away with a shelf to go over the washer and dryer to help with the laundry falling behind, and to add a little sum' sumthin' in there. Decor to come later on-it was a beating to put that thing up in between heavy washer and dryer. Thanks hubby, you da best :) <3 





For anyone that knows me, they know that I love to eat, and will eat most anything. But now, nothing to me sounds good. I have no cravings or hankering for anything, and some things just completely turn me off. Like pizza. I LOVE pizza, yet the thought of eating it grosses me out. Maybe it's because it's so hot outside and pizza is super hot and just doesn't sound that appealing. All I want are fruit smoothies and shakes. Anyone else go through phases like this? It's normally never happened to me before. And no, I'm not pregnant lol. 

July, you're not my fave. And your heat is a little too much for me (have you seen how much I sweat?!), so nice to see you, but you won't be missed!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo