Skip to main content

Allow me to introduce myself

Hola! No, I'm not Spanish or Hispanic by any means, nor do I speak the language fluently, despite my soon to be last name. I just happen to be engaged to a man who IS Hispanic, but sadly doesn't speak the language either. So I have to get the little sayings that I know in whenever possible, to try and at least fit the part. Comprende? 

This is my first blog experience ever (except for good old Xanga from middle school days, but who is counting). I originally wanted to wait until I was preggo or something to document that journey, but let's be honest-that's not any time soon so my blog-lusting urge would have to wait at least a few years. So I thought it would be a neat experience to document my journey on becoming a full fledged Mrs. Rivera (how do you spell that? River with an "a"...duh!) since we are about 6 months away from becoming legal! You can get all of the details here on who we are, how we met, how we got engaged, etc. 



First off, let's do a short "get to know me" deal, if you don't already know me. Remember when these types of surveys were the BEST thing to do and "post" about on Myspace? I miss those days, and they were so fun to reflect on who I was at that time. Here are my ABC's as of today, and BTW my name is Danielle Autumn Herron as of right now. 



Age: 26 and 1/12 months. Am I really already that age?
Bed size: Queen. And our new master bedroom makes that look tiny!
Chores that you hate: Dishes. I hate having my hands wet over and over
Dogs: None for Robert and I yet, but I do have 6 year old Kiefy-baby that I acquired in college that has taken up residence at my parents.
Essential start to your day: A good snooze or 2 and a nice face wash 
Favorite color: This one is always tough. I like to wear purple. But I always change my colors based on what is pretty that day! 
Gold or Silver: Gold. Rose gold jewelry. Or gold mercury decorations. Love!
Height: 5 feet/6 inches.
Instruments you play: Well I used to play the Clarinet for about 7 years and went on plenty of trips to back that up 
Job title: International Sales Support Coordinator (it's a mouth full!)
Kids: Nope
Live: The Colony, TX
Mother's Name: Tricia, T-dawg, Aunt Pat depending on who you ask
Nicknames: Dani, Dani Wani, Dani Mae
Overnight hospital stays: zero.
Pet peeves: People making noises when they eat. Or not doing something (or doing the opposite) of what I ask
Quote from a movie or tv show"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
Right or Lefty: Righty.
Siblings: Younger sissy who is about to be 23 (whaaaat??)
Time you wake up: Original alarm goes off at 6:30 but usually throw in a snooze or 2
Underwear: Yes always?
Vegetable you hate: eating cooked peppers or onions slightly freaks me out
What makes you run late: My hair-never wants to cooperate!
X-Rays You've Had: Hmm: teeth, ankle, knee, shoulder, wrist, arm, neck, back
Yummy food you make: Enchiladas or brown rice are my specialties
Zoo Animal: Probably one of the cats. All zoo animals are fascinating to me
And there you have it! My first blog post. I already have plans to share my wedding planning story up to this point, and so far it really hasn't been that bad (did I just say that out loud?). But also, I am by no means saying that it's easy, particularly since I'm not even close to being married yet, so it might, probably, and definitely will change my opinion once time gets closer I'm sure.  
Love love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo