Skip to main content

DIY Bathroom Stand

Parden my absence lately; I've been sickly with sore throat, stuffy nose, and fever (complete with chills and aches!). I'm usually about due with one of these episodes around this time of year, so I'd rather get it done with now than have it during a time when I actually need to be feeling at my best. 

Last week I finished a DIY project to decorate our bathroom with. I made two of these bathroom stands (and actually I did one a few months ago that I had been using but it had glitter on it and that just doesn't go with Robert's razor and his retainer-ha!), and it's really so easy and cheap! I found the idea on Pinterest aka the Land of the Awesome! 

To Begin with, you'll need:
1. Plate (I picked one that had a lot of flat space so things would be level on there)
2. Candle Stand
3. Paint (which I already had-about $1 at Michael's)
4. Painting Utensil
5. Glue of some sort to glue the candle stick to the bottom of the plate (I used Gorilla Glue that we already had)

*I bought the plate and candle stand at Dollar Tree. Told ya it was cheap!


 It will probably take at least 2 coats of paint depending on how much color you want peeking through. Robert wasn't a fan of the red peeking through, so I did 2 coats to completely cover the red. So it doesn't really matter what color plate you're needing if this is the case. 



 After one coat on each. I kept my brush strokes the same and all meeting in the center to make it look some what even on all sides:


Here's what it looks like after 2 coats of paint and gluing. I let the paint sit over night before I glued the bottom part on:


2 Coats of paint should get complete coverage. It's enough to where the main color is the paint color, but also get a hint of color from the plate as well. 



Ta da! Feel free to put whatever you want on these! I put my perfume on it, and the one on Robert's side has his little knick knacks that he has next to his sink (think razor/trimmer, retainers, etc.) or can be used to put whatever you want!


Easy peezy lemon squeezy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well. I did it. Took the plunge. Jumped off the band wagon. And I feel....about 8-9 inches lighter!  And the not so pretty before photo (just looked at all that fried straw!):  #shorthairdontcare 

Wedding Invites: DIY

During my wedding planning, one of the things that I was most "sticker shocked" on was how much wedding invitations cost! I looked everywhere (and I'm talking everywhere: Etsy, Michaels, Target, Pinterest, any online shop, etc.) for ones that I liked that were cute, not too elaborate, and at a reasonable price (meaning not $300-600). I mean, it's a sheet of paper, envelope, stamp, and RSVP basically. It wasn't until I found this DIY that I finally had a possibility for what we were wanting to use for our invites, and I think they turned out great (for a DIY).  2 Invites could be made from 1 sheet of paper. I printed the actual invite on Vellum paper, and then put it over the card stock.  Here's what you need:  FREE Template 1 pack of 100 sheet Card Stock Paper-I got mine from Michaels because it was shimmery but not too blingy 1 pack of white vellum paper (I got mine at Staples) Ribbon in color of your choice Hole Puncher Scissors Half

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo