Skip to main content

Rat on the Rat!

And in this case, it's LAKE rat, and then a random BASEBALL rat. Which we both hit this weekend. Rat on the rat pertains also to this hilarious Peter Gabriel song that we heard on our way back from the lake this weekend...the lyrics were too funny! It was pretty low key at both spots, but I hadn't been out to our lake spot since last year, so it was quite a surprise to see real life WATER in the lake (who wouldn't thought, eh?)! With the drought, the past few summers have kept us on land, since no one could put their boat in since everything was so dry. Hopefully this summer it's back to normal because I love being out on the water with our friends and having a good time! One of my favorite spots to be. Highlights of the weekend: playing golf cart NASCAR on a very short track, shady trees and a nice breeze, NOT having spiders drop on my head at night, and a pretty yum grill cooked pizza, just the way I like it (minus the burn bottom of the crust...still learning). The view doesn't hurt either :)





[had to throw that one in there, it's the theme of the summer!]

After a stormy Saturday night, we got back in time to hit up one of the Frisco Rough Riders game to see former/now returned Texas Ranger Josh Hamilton (also known as the guy who burned his bridge with us since "we aren't a baseball town" when we made it to the World Series twice in a row). It was sort of humorous to see him and all his grown, mature, "professional" baseball player status and how he compared to these little ole scrawny bare-out-of-teen-years double A league players. But you could definitely tell he had some confidence to him just the way he carried himself. He took the time to fist bump a little kid through the net when he was on deck to bat, which was sweet. Kudos to Josh. And hopefully he will be playing back with the Rangers soon because I heard they need the help. 



Now, on wards toooo NEW YORK CITY! Can't wait to go back. Just a few short days! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Part 1

Where to start, where to start? It's surreal to me how we've ALREADY been married over a week, AND that we've already been to the Bahamas and back :( The Bahamas (in Nassau to be exact) is such a beautiful place. It's the same island that has the Atlantis Resort on it, which we could see in the distance down the coast from our resort. We really picked the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We left cloudy, rainy Dallas and Atlanta to sunshine and white sand, blue water, and 80 degree weather! It's so crazy to me that we've already been back from there after spending the week out of the country.  Obligatory newlywed plane selfie Monday morning came dark and early at 4am to catch our first flight out of DFW. I was proudly wearing my super comfy new "wifey" sweatshirt that my friend/bridesmaid Shohreh got me-thank goodness she stalks me on Pinterest ;) along with our brand spankin new wedding bands. Robert's ring looks so good against his ...

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo...

Water Wars Week 3

Week 3 Update: Just chugging along! Both literally and physically. Week 3 is now in the books. Can't say that much has changed since Week 2, but I'm also waking up thirsty and drinking a little bit of water before I eat breakfast and then almost a full 20 ounces on my way to work in the mornings to get the day started. I do tend to "slack" on the weekends (not by much though!) because really, who has time to carry around a water bottle and find a bathroom every hour-especially when you're not home. I do the best I can, and still drink water with every meal too. I can tell the difference though, because by Monday I feel dehydrated and crave water.  I have WAYY more energy than I used to. I'm not sluggish throughout the day (unless I really didn't sleep good the night before), so I be kickin' it all day errrrday.  I feel like my skin is the same. It's not as "changed" as I was hoping (expecting?), but also my skin wasn't that...