Skip to main content

It's gonna be MAY!

(sorry, I had to)

May?? Are you sure Father Time? I can't believe that we have already been through the rest of winter and all of spring and now moving into summer, the land of the lake and the home of the sun. Though Mother Nature would beg to differ after she dumped some lovely 40/50 degree weather on us earlier this week. Just keeping us on our toes, I see! 

I'm also a little sadsies that our wedding month is officially over. It feels like such a long time ago that we had our wedding, and then there and back again from the Bahamas, but at the same time being 3 weeks post wedding, it's flown by! Sucks how life works sometimes, where it speeds through the greatest of times and goes the slowest through the dull periods (kinda like working during the week and then speeding through the weekends...ahh real world problems). Can't wait to see our wedding photos (6-8 weeks for sneak peaks wahhh) and re-live it all again! At the same time it's a huge relief to not have to worry about ANYTHING. And believe me, if you and your fiancé can survive wedding planning together and get to the Day without killing each other, then being married should be a breeze! And I say that with my whole 3 weeks worth of married knowledge. For reals though-it's like a whole new leaf has been turned over and it's awesome!

May used to be the best month-school got out, summer started. Not too hot but not cold either. This year it's filled with Graduations and 6 Year Anniversaries (in my case, that is). I'm starting to lose track of how old I am. I keep having to double check in my head when I think of my age, and sadly remind myself that I'm not 23, 24, or 25 anymore. 26 and Beyond! Bring it on life; I'm ready for you and anything that comes. But first, let's bring constant sun, tan lines, and blooming flowers, k? 

Ready, set, summer! 

PS. I finally am getting into this whole Outlander craze, and am almost done with the first book. Is it worth going through the next however many books there are (I think 8 more)? Plus there is the show? 

Comments

  1. Yesssss! I love Outlander! I read the first two books and then got a bit distracted. The show on Starz is awesome though! Tony even likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Part 1

Where to start, where to start? It's surreal to me how we've ALREADY been married over a week, AND that we've already been to the Bahamas and back :( The Bahamas (in Nassau to be exact) is such a beautiful place. It's the same island that has the Atlantis Resort on it, which we could see in the distance down the coast from our resort. We really picked the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We left cloudy, rainy Dallas and Atlanta to sunshine and white sand, blue water, and 80 degree weather! It's so crazy to me that we've already been back from there after spending the week out of the country.  Obligatory newlywed plane selfie Monday morning came dark and early at 4am to catch our first flight out of DFW. I was proudly wearing my super comfy new "wifey" sweatshirt that my friend/bridesmaid Shohreh got me-thank goodness she stalks me on Pinterest ;) along with our brand spankin new wedding bands. Robert's ring looks so good against his ...

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo...

Water Wars Week 3

Week 3 Update: Just chugging along! Both literally and physically. Week 3 is now in the books. Can't say that much has changed since Week 2, but I'm also waking up thirsty and drinking a little bit of water before I eat breakfast and then almost a full 20 ounces on my way to work in the mornings to get the day started. I do tend to "slack" on the weekends (not by much though!) because really, who has time to carry around a water bottle and find a bathroom every hour-especially when you're not home. I do the best I can, and still drink water with every meal too. I can tell the difference though, because by Monday I feel dehydrated and crave water.  I have WAYY more energy than I used to. I'm not sluggish throughout the day (unless I really didn't sleep good the night before), so I be kickin' it all day errrrday.  I feel like my skin is the same. It's not as "changed" as I was hoping (expecting?), but also my skin wasn't that...