Skip to main content

Current Obsessions

--Has anyone heard of DJ Zedd? I'm sure you have once you hear some of his hits. He's 24 years old, a Grammy winner, and big in the EDM world. I hate to admit that I never paid attention to that type of music before, even though I do know all the words to Clarity and Stay the Night, and I hate even more to admit that the only reason I looked him up was because Selena Gomez has been spotted with him and I was like what in the world is Zedd (thank you gossip sites). But because I'm working out a lot and he's a little cutie, I am LOVING this type of music to now jam to and run with. Bangarang by Skrillex is another good one. Energizer bunny is what this does to me! 



--Booties! I freaking love this trend right now. I have a couple of wedge booties in tan and black and I also recently purchased some boot heeled booties in this golden tan color and some in brown with buckles. Thank you Nordstrom Rack. My credit card does not thank you, however. Skinny jeans and my booties are my JAM. (Also-side thank you to the great state of Texas for having glorious sunshiney filled days this past week.Followed by several days of rain and cold. That's Texas for you)





--Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. I've loved Ed Sheeran for a while now, but wow this song pretty much makes me cry it's so beautiful. We will probably use this song as our "last dance" song at our wedding. Eek!  


--Which leads too....Doodling! I really can't get enough. It's not secret that I've been on this doodle kick for a while now, just not sure how to further it just yet! 



--And it's not a currently obsession, since I could eat chips and salsa/guac all day every day, but we've been trying a new Mexican place, Casa Rita's now instead of On the Border (thank goodnessssss). Since we've moved, we have had multiple bad experiences at the new "local" On the Border, so we took our happy selves over to this place, where we were greeted and immediately served by friendly people instead of ignored for 10 minutes while we sat at a half empty bar with no acknowledgement. They also serve up a whole BOWL of guacamole, instead of a little ice cream scoop, and their margs are legit.
AND in cool glasses. SOLD!  


Happy Friday, Everyone! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Part 1

Where to start, where to start? It's surreal to me how we've ALREADY been married over a week, AND that we've already been to the Bahamas and back :( The Bahamas (in Nassau to be exact) is such a beautiful place. It's the same island that has the Atlantis Resort on it, which we could see in the distance down the coast from our resort. We really picked the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We left cloudy, rainy Dallas and Atlanta to sunshine and white sand, blue water, and 80 degree weather! It's so crazy to me that we've already been back from there after spending the week out of the country.  Obligatory newlywed plane selfie Monday morning came dark and early at 4am to catch our first flight out of DFW. I was proudly wearing my super comfy new "wifey" sweatshirt that my friend/bridesmaid Shohreh got me-thank goodness she stalks me on Pinterest ;) along with our brand spankin new wedding bands. Robert's ring looks so good against his ...

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo...

Water Wars Week 3

Week 3 Update: Just chugging along! Both literally and physically. Week 3 is now in the books. Can't say that much has changed since Week 2, but I'm also waking up thirsty and drinking a little bit of water before I eat breakfast and then almost a full 20 ounces on my way to work in the mornings to get the day started. I do tend to "slack" on the weekends (not by much though!) because really, who has time to carry around a water bottle and find a bathroom every hour-especially when you're not home. I do the best I can, and still drink water with every meal too. I can tell the difference though, because by Monday I feel dehydrated and crave water.  I have WAYY more energy than I used to. I'm not sluggish throughout the day (unless I really didn't sleep good the night before), so I be kickin' it all day errrrday.  I feel like my skin is the same. It's not as "changed" as I was hoping (expecting?), but also my skin wasn't that...