Skip to main content

Merry Mississippi Christmas!

Texas->Arkansas->Tennessee->Mississippi! 

As tedious as it is to drive (we are crazy), it's always so much fun when the whole family gets together and we get to see everyone on both sides. It's harder and harder as adults (ewwww adults? Who has time for that?!) to fit in work schedules and such to get everyone together, but we do what we can! From green bean casserole (my fave!) to homemade fudge (also my fave!) to strawberry pretzel pie (is that what it is called? Also my super fave!), the list goes on an on. Memaw does not disappoint, and I can only hope that I represent her cooking gene that was passed down to me (we think so at least), with flying colors. Her food is unbelievable. Go Meems! Also making an appearance was the traditional B-I-N-G-O games, and then countless hours of Mexican Train, which I am happy to brag that I am, ahem, the standing 3 time champion. We also were gifted with such an amazing invention I mean selfie stick, which will be thoroughly enjoyed! 


We were sadly missing one member of our cousin squad, Sarah. Come back to meeeee!







So warm that we could play outside on the patio!

We then packed up and headed North to see the other side, and my view was constant and rainy the whole time. I pretty much only really need to pack maybe 3-4 pairs of sweatpants for any future trips, because that's all I lived in the entire time and it was delightful! 




And when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Blockbuster! Rare times, these days! I'm documenting history, I'm thinking!  




Eating a hotdog is such a hard life ;)

Overall, I didn't take as many pics but also it was more the conversation and the ridiculous amounts of football that I've been watching the past 3 days straight to blame for that. As always, it was good to see and catch up with everyone and hope to try and not make a it just a once a year thing, but this dang adulting thing is to blame. We also did see some of the tornado damage from before Christmas that passed through not 15 minutes from town, which was also very scary to see. Keep your family close, and always have a tornado plan since it's crazy out there these days!

Mississippi Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Part 1

Where to start, where to start? It's surreal to me how we've ALREADY been married over a week, AND that we've already been to the Bahamas and back :( The Bahamas (in Nassau to be exact) is such a beautiful place. It's the same island that has the Atlantis Resort on it, which we could see in the distance down the coast from our resort. We really picked the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We left cloudy, rainy Dallas and Atlanta to sunshine and white sand, blue water, and 80 degree weather! It's so crazy to me that we've already been back from there after spending the week out of the country.  Obligatory newlywed plane selfie Monday morning came dark and early at 4am to catch our first flight out of DFW. I was proudly wearing my super comfy new "wifey" sweatshirt that my friend/bridesmaid Shohreh got me-thank goodness she stalks me on Pinterest ;) along with our brand spankin new wedding bands. Robert's ring looks so good against his ...

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo...

Water Wars Week 3

Week 3 Update: Just chugging along! Both literally and physically. Week 3 is now in the books. Can't say that much has changed since Week 2, but I'm also waking up thirsty and drinking a little bit of water before I eat breakfast and then almost a full 20 ounces on my way to work in the mornings to get the day started. I do tend to "slack" on the weekends (not by much though!) because really, who has time to carry around a water bottle and find a bathroom every hour-especially when you're not home. I do the best I can, and still drink water with every meal too. I can tell the difference though, because by Monday I feel dehydrated and crave water.  I have WAYY more energy than I used to. I'm not sluggish throughout the day (unless I really didn't sleep good the night before), so I be kickin' it all day errrrday.  I feel like my skin is the same. It's not as "changed" as I was hoping (expecting?), but also my skin wasn't that...