Skip to main content

The even BETTER Snow Day!

Okay, my last post regarding snow was just a teaser based on what happened to us on Wednesday night. A rainy, cloudy day turned into freezing tornado wind sleet and ice and then the most beautiful blanket of snow I've ever seen! 

Seriously-I live in Texas. This stuff just doesn't happen here. And it just did-twice in one week basically! 

So I was frantically trying to get to my Insanity class on time at 5:30, and most of the metroplex seemed to forgot how to drive in rain-so I was fashionably late. By the time I got to the gym, I could barely open my car door because of the wind, and then had to sprint in with the rain-turned-hurricane sleet shooting in my face. After that was done, I presumed to take my cold ass home and I snuggled and got warm and secluded myself to the warmest part of the house, not once thinking to look outside and see the monsoon of snow that apparently was coming down. Oh, but did we hear it! Seriously-tornado winds.

And then! Then I woke up to head to work Thursday morning, and all was still and quiet in the world and I felt so peaceful being the only one awake and heading out and seeing the sunrise like it did (I'm dedicated to work, what can I say!), and with the schools being cancelled for the day, I got to stop and stare and enjoy the moment (before I got too cold!):

Okay, so I wasn't alone. Somebunny had beaten me to being the first one to check out the powder! 

I'd say we got a good 4-5 inches of pure fluff-unheard of! 

Inside awaits a sleeping fiance who didn't have to go to work as early ;)

Oh glory let there be sun! I had forgotten what glorious sunrises that await me in the mornings look like! 

I finally made it over to my parents' house (who conveniently live super close to where I work), and found the cutest little set of doggy tracks leading the way!

A Kiefer a-wondering. 

And I think he loved it! 

Kiefer was too funny. He followed me all the way down to the street when I was leaving, and I think he kinda just wanted to run all over the place, but decided against it and went back into the warmths of Mom and Dad's house. 

And that concluded our awesome snow day. Which btw-warmed up and was all gone by the end of the same day! That's more like it, Texas! ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honeymoon Part 1

Where to start, where to start? It's surreal to me how we've ALREADY been married over a week, AND that we've already been to the Bahamas and back :( The Bahamas (in Nassau to be exact) is such a beautiful place. It's the same island that has the Atlantis Resort on it, which we could see in the distance down the coast from our resort. We really picked the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. We left cloudy, rainy Dallas and Atlanta to sunshine and white sand, blue water, and 80 degree weather! It's so crazy to me that we've already been back from there after spending the week out of the country.  Obligatory newlywed plane selfie Monday morning came dark and early at 4am to catch our first flight out of DFW. I was proudly wearing my super comfy new "wifey" sweatshirt that my friend/bridesmaid Shohreh got me-thank goodness she stalks me on Pinterest ;) along with our brand spankin new wedding bands. Robert's ring looks so good against his ...

Winter is Coming..so is a Wedding!

Burrrr! Today is a balmy 40 degrees outside-and I'm definitely not ready for it despite my scarf-wearing, boot shopping fashion choices since September, hoping to "force" Fall to actually happening, but now that it's here: go away! Or at least just get a liiiitle bit warmer, so I can still have fun in my dozens of scarves and boots, but not freeze my ass off. Ka-peesh? My parents like to kindly remind me of what's to come in December, since we are going to the Army-Navy football game in Baltimore. Last year in Philly was just awful (and by awful I mean freezing, rainy, icy, cold, hungry, wet, sweaty, repeat) but a blasty blast being in a new city and living through new memories being made.  Any hoo-Even though I'm not snuggled up at home on this festive Veteran's Day (thank you to everyone who has served!), warm in my bed, I still wanted to touch on some wedding related topics: vendors. This could also be fun to read AFTER the wedding in April, to loo...

Water Wars Week 3

Week 3 Update: Just chugging along! Both literally and physically. Week 3 is now in the books. Can't say that much has changed since Week 2, but I'm also waking up thirsty and drinking a little bit of water before I eat breakfast and then almost a full 20 ounces on my way to work in the mornings to get the day started. I do tend to "slack" on the weekends (not by much though!) because really, who has time to carry around a water bottle and find a bathroom every hour-especially when you're not home. I do the best I can, and still drink water with every meal too. I can tell the difference though, because by Monday I feel dehydrated and crave water.  I have WAYY more energy than I used to. I'm not sluggish throughout the day (unless I really didn't sleep good the night before), so I be kickin' it all day errrrday.  I feel like my skin is the same. It's not as "changed" as I was hoping (expecting?), but also my skin wasn't that...